Great Easton is an ‘epic’ school, says Ofsted
- Credit: Archant
“BRILLIANT, creative and epic” are just some of the words used to describe Great Easton Primary following the school’s recent government inspection.
Ofsted found the school was ‘good with outstanding’ qualities during the visit last term.
Headteacher Claire Jackman said: “I am delighted that even under the rigorous new Ofsted system the inspectors recognised the special qualities of this school – that we are a vibrant, happy, hardworking community.”
Key findings of the report found that “teaching is usually good and sometimes outstanding” and that the school offers “an extensive range of extra curricular activities which enrich and extend pupils’ learning”.
The inspectors also highlighted pupils’ “impressive attitudes to learning and enjoyment of school” as well as their “high achievement” in writing, reading and maths and their general good progress.
You may also want to watch:
The inspectors also singled out a particular comment on one pupil’s claim that the school is “brilliant, epic, creative, sporty and healthy”.
The main areas for improvement is for teachers to get greater consistency in setting work at the right level and in the pace of lessons.
- 1 Council agrees to 'complicated' parking charges at Hylands Park
- 2 Rural ramblers efforts for Helen Rollason Cancer Charity
- 3 Universal Credit: Help is still out there, says Essex County Council
- 4 Creamfields Chelmsford 2022 tickets to go on sale this month
- 5 Book exchange opens in Dunmow
- 6 It's pumpkin picking season again at Cammas Hall Farm as Halloween approaches
- 7 Tributes pour in after death of Essex MP Sir David Amess
- 8 Tributes paid to PC Tris Baker who died in Roxwell collision
- 9 Conservative MP David Amess dies after being stabbed in Essex constituency
- 10 Hylands Park's new parking charges will be lowered, says council
Robert Pickford, chair of governors, said: “Our headteacher has only been with us since last September but in that short time has had a hugely positive impact.
“We are delighted Ofsted has recognised this and all look forward to working together to sustain and improve the school for all its pupils.”