Great Dunmow Town Team “Blazing a trail to success” says Federation of Small Businesses
The Federation of Small Businesses (FSB) has praised Great Dunmow businesses for their “innovative approach” to driving shoppers into the high street over the Christmas period and beyond.
Graham Clarke, Essex FSB vice-chairman said: “We’re delighted to see high street businesses coming together in the town team and coming up with some great ideas- and then getting on and making them happen.
“The FSB is particularly interested in their innovative and proactive approach to car parking – where participating businesses will rebate £1 of the ticket cost on a minimum spend of £10 and on production of a voucher printed by the ticket machine. We’re also pleased to see Uttlesford District Council lending a hand by setting the machines up to print the vouchers.”
Not content with a Christmas tree, the Town Team has gone and secured sponsorship for Christmas lights, and the High Street will be festooned with twinkling overhead lights this year, as well as the usual Christmas tree.
Also in the plan is a survey which will take place during the Christmas Fayre in the High Street on December 8, and the Town Team will have a stand there to promote its work, gather information and hand out voucher booklets from participating retailers.
You may also want to watch:
Reflecting on the ongoing successes in Great Dunmow, Mr Clarke added: “The FSB is delighted that indie retailers and of course some FSB members are in the driving seat, and we’re pleased to be able to offer some support to them.
“We wish all of the businesses in Great Dunmow a very successful Christmas and a prosperous New Year.”
- 1 New cycle network consultation announced
- 2 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 3 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 4 Dunmow Cricket Club at 125 years and launch of Project Pavilion
- 5 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 6 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 7 Things to do in May: Open Day for Gardens of Easton Lodge
- 8 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 9 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 10 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert