Mural for Dunmow St Mary’s Primary School expresses theme of kindness towards others, designed by former students
- Credit: school business manager Jess Horrocks
A temporary classroom’s wall at Dunmow St Mary’s Primary School has been given a makeover - by two former students.
Headteacher Mrs Griffiths asked Olivia and Lauren Horrocks to help improve the look of the temporary classroom which has been on the school site since September.
The two should have been undertaking A-levels and GCSEs but as schools are closed, they were available to help.
Olivia, 17, and Lauren, 16, sketched out their design in pencil first, before using black paint.
The transcription from the book The Boy, The Mole, The Fox and The Horse by Charlie Mackesy was chosen by the school for its key message of kindness towards others.
You may also want to watch:
Headteacher Mrs Griffiths said: “The main underlying principle of behaviour in our school is to be kind and this wonderful graphic encapsulates this perfectly. The artwork is a lovely addition to our school grounds and will provide a positive focus for our children as they return to school.”
- 1 Pedestrian dies following Dunmow collision
- 2 Man dies after Roxwell collision, police confirm
- 3 Community trees and bulbs to help tackle climate change
- 4 Essex Police issues update on Katie Price's alleged assault
- 5 Interest in women and girls cricket rises following anniversary event
- 6 Felsted collision: Motorcyclist seriously injured
- 7 Dunmow's Macmillan coffee and cake success despite stolen banner
- 8 Man admits to causing death by dangerous driving after B184 collision
- 9 M11 targeted in week of motorway protests
- 10 New chemotherapy centre at Broomfield Hospital is 'fantastic'