Mural for Dunmow St Mary’s Primary School expresses theme of kindness towards others, designed by former students
- Credit: school business manager Jess Horrocks
A temporary classroom’s wall at Dunmow St Mary’s Primary School has been given a makeover - by two former students.
Headteacher Mrs Griffiths asked Olivia and Lauren Horrocks to help improve the look of the temporary classroom which has been on the school site since September.
The two should have been undertaking A-levels and GCSEs but as schools are closed, they were available to help.
Olivia, 17, and Lauren, 16, sketched out their design in pencil first, before using black paint.
The transcription from the book The Boy, The Mole, The Fox and The Horse by Charlie Mackesy was chosen by the school for its key message of kindness towards others.
You may also want to watch:
Headteacher Mrs Griffiths said: “The main underlying principle of behaviour in our school is to be kind and this wonderful graphic encapsulates this perfectly. The artwork is a lovely addition to our school grounds and will provide a positive focus for our children as they return to school.”
- 1 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge
- 2 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
- 3 Super six for High Easter as they turn on the style against Coggeshall Town youngsters
- 4 More work needed ahead of holiday easing, Stansted says
- 5 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 6 Take away Covid self tests from Thaxted library
- 7 There's a rainbow in the woods outside Thaxted
- 8 Care at home: what is it, and how can it help?
- 9 Ambitious and fast-growing High Roding raring to go ahead of new season
- 10 Things to do on the May Bank Holiday weekend: Essex gardens are open