Great Dunmow school says ‘thank you’ to business helping fund overseas trip
- Credit: Archant
Staff at Helena Romanes School have thanked a Great Dunmow business after it helped them secure funds for its next sports tour.
The school, in Parsonage Downs, is planning to take its Year 10 and Year 11 pupils on a trip to South Africa this summer with the school’s football and hockey teams.
There, students will get the chance to play in a variety of fixtures and train at the High Performance Centre in Pretoria, as well as experience the country’s culture with sight-seeing outings to the likes of Table Mountain and Pilanesberg National Park.
A spokesman for the school said: “These experiences have not all been possible without the hard work and dedication of many individuals and companies helping with different fundraising opportunities.”
Particular praise was given to Alloy Fabweld Ltd, at the Chelmsford Road Industrial Estate, which donated equipment and T-shirts for a school litter-picking challenge, pledging funding for each bag collected.
You may also want to watch:
The spokesman added: “A massive thank you goes to them for supporting the cause.”
- 1 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 2 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 3 Man sentenced after admitting two charges of sexual assault
- 4 Prisoner of war camp a 'huge part' of Essex's history
- 5 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 6 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 7 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 8 Summer art competition for children launched by school
- 9 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 10 New cycle network consultation announced