Great Dunmow's newest shop hits the sweet spot
THE phrase like a kid in a candy store is what springs to mind when you walk into the latest shop to open its doors in Great Dunmow s town centre. Mr Grumpy s, a traditional sweet shop, is the dream of 49-years-young shop owner Carlos Ghosh, and he is d
THE phrase 'like a kid in a candy store' is what springs to mind when you walk into the latest shop to open its doors in Great Dunmow's town centre.
Mr Grumpy's, a traditional sweet shop, is the dream of 49-years-young shop owner Carlos Ghosh, and he is delighted with the way it has been met with local shoppers.
"It has been great," he said. "Everyone has been really supportive. I have always wanted to open a sweet shop for as long I can remember and it has been very busy since we opened on Saturday morning. I feel like a big kid."
The shop is decked out with colourful sweets and chocolate gathered in jars, tubes, boxes and on trays, alongside homemade fudge which has proved very popular with punters who are keen on a buy 300g get 100g free deal.
Mr Ghosh said: "We make all the fudge on site and there will be opportunities in future for people to come in and see how it is done.
"We wanted a traditional feel to our shop, so all of our customers matter to us and anything that they want can be ordered in. Recently we started serving cough drops here because that is what people wanted.
- 1 243 Takeley homes granted outline approval despite concerns
- 2 110 homes near Stansted Airport: design and details approved
- 3 Life-saving kit that residents hope they will never use
- 4 Stebbing Tractor Run: This is the new route for 2022
- 5 Man dies at the scene of A120 'incident'
- 6 Dunmow pilots airlift medical aid to help Ukraine
- 7 Major supermarkets order urgent product recalls over salmonella fears
- 8 Recap: A120 reopens near Stansted Airport after 'police incident'
- 9 Things to do in Essex this June
- 10 10,000 signatures reached against Essex mega-prison proposal
He added: "We are a private business and therefore we can be very flexible, I hope that we stay in Dunmow for as long as I am young enough to work."
Opening times for Mr Grumpy's, located on Stortford Road, are Monday to Saturday 9am to 5pm.
GOT a new shop or super sale? Join the Dunmow chamber of commerce and get yourself on the Broadcast Business page next month. E-mail email@example.com