Great Dunmow's newest shop hits the sweet spot
THE phrase like a kid in a candy store is what springs to mind when you walk into the latest shop to open its doors in Great Dunmow s town centre. Mr Grumpy s, a traditional sweet shop, is the dream of 49-years-young shop owner Carlos Ghosh, and he is d
THE phrase 'like a kid in a candy store' is what springs to mind when you walk into the latest shop to open its doors in Great Dunmow's town centre.
Mr Grumpy's, a traditional sweet shop, is the dream of 49-years-young shop owner Carlos Ghosh, and he is delighted with the way it has been met with local shoppers.
"It has been great," he said. "Everyone has been really supportive. I have always wanted to open a sweet shop for as long I can remember and it has been very busy since we opened on Saturday morning. I feel like a big kid."
The shop is decked out with colourful sweets and chocolate gathered in jars, tubes, boxes and on trays, alongside homemade fudge which has proved very popular with punters who are keen on a buy 300g get 100g free deal.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Ghosh said: "We make all the fudge on site and there will be opportunities in future for people to come in and see how it is done.
"We wanted a traditional feel to our shop, so all of our customers matter to us and anything that they want can be ordered in. Recently we started serving cough drops here because that is what people wanted.
- 1 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 2 Dunmow tributes to Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
- 3 Online Young Musician competition launched by Dunmow Rotarians
- 4 Lockdown easing: 'Shop abuse will not be tolerated'
- 5 Two charged in connection with Dunmow burglary
- 6 Care at home: what is it, and how can it help?
- 7 No 11th hour reprieve for Finchingfield homes plan
- 8 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 9 Saffron Walden Musical Theatre Company announces musicals
- 10 Residents urged to have their say in housing consultation
He added: "We are a private business and therefore we can be very flexible, I hope that we stay in Dunmow for as long as I am young enough to work."
Opening times for Mr Grumpy's, located on Stortford Road, are Monday to Saturday 9am to 5pm.
GOT a new shop or super sale? Join the Dunmow chamber of commerce and get yourself on the Broadcast Business page next month. E-mail email@example.com