Great Dunmow: Revised proposals for scheme of up to 700 homes goes on display
Revised proposals, including a new access for land to the west of Great Dunmow, will be on display on Friday (January 31).
An information session will be held at Dunmow Saint Mary’s Primary School between 4-8pm for any residents wanting to view the alternative access now being proposed for the site, which could deliver up to 700 new homes.
With the new access route, developer Land Securities believe the refreshed proposals “present a better option” for new housing in the district than their previous planning application, which was refused by Uttlesford District Council in 2013 and is to be the subject of an appeal.
Emma Cariaga, development director at Land Securities, said: “We have revised the scheme to include an alternative access and are now in a position to present these changes to the public before we submit a new application.
“This site is sustainable and deliverable and our plans have been informed by continued dialogue with the local community”
You may also want to watch:
“We hope to see local residents at the information session where they can view the plans and speak to our project team.”
For more information, call Land Securities’ community line on 0808 178 1318 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners delighted to be back at actual races
- 2 There's a rainbow in the woods outside Thaxted
- 3 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 4 Join Pam on sponsored 'walkies' for Guide Dogs
- 5 Pay It Forward brings joy to Dunmow community
- 6 Delight at repairs grant which will also support specialist building trade
- 7 Almost 800 Essex patients take part in Covid-19 Recovery trial
- 8 Your opinion matters: Help to shape the future of your newspaper
- 9 Actor Ray Winstone's video appeal helps double air ambulance's 'brick' sales
- 10 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best