Great Dunmow Primary School pupils are wicket winners in cricket tournament!
- Credit: Archant
Cricketers at Great Dunmow Primary School are hoping to field more success at a county final next month.
The boys will play in the County Kwik Cricket finals after beating the local competition at a district tournament.
Coach Karl Pearce said: "Held at the beautiful grounds of Saffron Walden Cricket Club, the boys from Great Dunmow beat teams from St Mary's in Stansted, RA Butler, Great Chesterford and Katherine Semar."
When fielding, Dunmow were able to restrict the opposition to limited run-scoring opportunities and when batting, they quickly chased down their total.
All 10 members of the squad, led by captain Lewis Hayes, contributed to ensuring that Great Dunmow reached the final.
You may also want to watch:
The competition will reach its climax at Billericay Cricket Club where the top 12 teams in the county will meet in early July.
- 1 Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners delighted to be back at actual races
- 2 There's a rainbow in the woods outside Thaxted
- 3 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 4 Join Pam on sponsored 'walkies' for Guide Dogs
- 5 Pay It Forward brings joy to Dunmow community
- 6 Delight at repairs grant which will also support specialist building trade
- 7 Almost 800 Essex patients take part in Covid-19 Recovery trial
- 8 Your opinion matters: Help to shape the future of your newspaper
- 9 Actor Ray Winstone's video appeal helps double air ambulance's 'brick' sales
- 10 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best