Great Dunmow Primary School pupils sing at O2 charity gala
- Credit: Archant
The 02 Arena in London rang to the voices of 97 children from Great Dunmow Primary School on Monday, February 15.
The youngsters took part in the Young Voice charity gala which raises money for Nordoff Robyns, (the charity partner of the Brit Awards) which funds music therapy for children.
Singing teacher, George Athanasiou, who sang in the teachers’ choir at the event, said: “We take part every year. The children have been learning their songs since September. They sang a pop medley including songs by Madness, with actions.
“There are about 4,000 children there, they sit in the audience and groups stand up to sing between watching dancers and other acts on stage. It was a lovely evening.”
The youngsters travelled to London on two coaches with parents who paid £25 for a ticket and £10 for children’s T-shirts to raise money for the cause.
You may also want to watch:
The event takes place over several weeks with venues in Manchester and Birmingham.
Monday night was supported by singing celebrities include Katie Melua, Lemar and X-Factor winner, Ben Haenow.
- 1 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 2 New cycle network consultation announced
- 3 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 4 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 5 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 6 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 7 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 8 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 9 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 10 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome