Dunmow Oxfam charity shop says please call them if you want to donate items
- Credit: Monique Giral Johns, manager, Oxfam in Great Dunmow
Oxfam in Great Dunmow is looking for further volunteers and asks people to call ahead if they want to donate items.
Charity shop manager Monique Giral Johns in High Street, Great Dunmow said they only have a certain amount of space so she is asking people to call ahead and not to leave donated items in front of the door at night.
“We have to quarantine donations for 72 hours,” said Monique.
New safety measures include gloves, masks and hand sanitiser, a plastic screen at the till, and a limit of four shoppers who can enter the building at any one time.
Shoppers are also being asked to make contactless payments for purchases if possible.
They are only able to have around half the staff in, and they are looking for further volunteers.
The store is on 01371 874583.
- 1 Festive season begins at Great Dunmow's Christmas Market
- 2 30 new homes proposed for Hatfield Broad Oak
- 3 Thaxted community in shock after fatal house fire
- 4 Katie Price alleged assault: Suspect 'released under investigation'
- 5 Calvin Harris, David Guetta and Fatboy Slim announced for Creamfields South Chelmsford 2022 line-up
- 6 All under 40s to be offered Covid booster jab
- 7 Villagers rally behind Elsenham Christmas Market
- 8 Christmas festivities kick off in Great Dunmow
- 9 Stansted Airport calls for residents' views on solar transformation plan
- 10 Man in hospital after Chelmsford Road collision