Dunmow Oxfam charity shop says please call them if you want to donate items
- Credit: Monique Giral Johns, manager, Oxfam in Great Dunmow
Oxfam in Great Dunmow is looking for further volunteers and asks people to call ahead if they want to donate items.
Charity shop manager Monique Giral Johns in High Street, Great Dunmow said they only have a certain amount of space so she is asking people to call ahead and not to leave donated items in front of the door at night.
“We have to quarantine donations for 72 hours,” said Monique.
New safety measures include gloves, masks and hand sanitiser, a plastic screen at the till, and a limit of four shoppers who can enter the building at any one time.
Shoppers are also being asked to make contactless payments for purchases if possible.
You may also want to watch:
They are only able to have around half the staff in, and they are looking for further volunteers.
The store is on 01371 874583.
- 1 Pets Corner: It's time to get your dog back to training class
- 2 Revealed: almost 300 possible new development sites are submitted
- 3 Chelmsford beer festival cancelled for 2021 by Covid concerns
- 4 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 6 4 English Heritage events to enjoy at Audley End this summer
- 7 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 8 Dunmow mayor sets out summer programme set to unite community
- 9 Residents hand water to stranded drivers after fatal M11 crash
- 10 Stebbing on the verge of becoming 'small town', residents fear