Dunmow Oxfam charity shop says please call them if you want to donate items
- Credit: Monique Giral Johns, manager, Oxfam in Great Dunmow
Oxfam in Great Dunmow is looking for further volunteers and asks people to call ahead if they want to donate items.
Charity shop manager Monique Giral Johns in High Street, Great Dunmow said they only have a certain amount of space so she is asking people to call ahead and not to leave donated items in front of the door at night.
“We have to quarantine donations for 72 hours,” said Monique.
New safety measures include gloves, masks and hand sanitiser, a plastic screen at the till, and a limit of four shoppers who can enter the building at any one time.
Shoppers are also being asked to make contactless payments for purchases if possible.
You may also want to watch:
They are only able to have around half the staff in, and they are looking for further volunteers.
The store is on 01371 874583.
- 1 No 11th hour reprieve for Finchingfield homes plan
- 2 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 3 Tens of thousands of pounds worth of horse riding gear stolen in High Easter
- 4 Residents urged to have their say in housing consultation
- 5 Two charged in connection with Dunmow burglary
- 6 'This is my life version 2.0' - Doctor marks Covid anniversary with fundraising efforts
- 7 'That's more like it' roars Takeley's John Hedges after comfortable win in pro fight number two
- 8 Rise in dog thefts during lockdown, says charity
- 9 Great Easton pub sells at auction
- 10 April 12: Five pub gardens and five shops you can visit in Uttlesford