Great Dunmow Netball club given £1000 for new equipment and kit
- Credit: Archant
A netball club in Great Dunmow has been given a large grant of £1000 to buy new kit and equipment for their young members.
This is the second year that Taylor Wimpey East London, a house building company, has donated money to the Great Dunmow Junior Netball Club to help with their expenses.
Year 9 netballers will get the pink, white, and navy blue kit, but all of the children in the club will benefit from the training gear.
The sports group was set up in 2010 by Alison Moscuzza, who wanted to encourage more girls to get involved in the sport early.
She said: ““All of us at the club, from coaches to umpires, are volunteers so we rely heavily on sponsorships such as this. We have between 10 and 20 girls on each squad, so to be able to provide all of the Year 9 girls with new kit is fantastic, as it will then be passed down to the younger girls as they move up.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re all so grateful and the girls look so sweet in their new kits and it helps them feel proud to represent the club.”
- 1 Katie Price's alleged attacker re-bailed into November, police confirm
- 2 Fond farewell to Sweetland's butchers after 69 years in the trade
- 3 Scouts jamboree fun covers radio skills to Morse Code
- 4 5 of the best wedding venues in Essex
- 5 Wethersfield to house nearly 3,500 prisoners in government plan
- 6 St Clare bereavement cafes reopen - with new cafes being added
- 7 Mayor's column: Dunmow changes, the Civic Service and talent in the town
- 8 Court sentence for Dunmow knife attacker, guilty of attempted murder
- 9 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 10 Full house success: Great Dunmow's Last Night of the Proms