Great Dunmow Netball club given £1000 for new equipment and kit
- Credit: Archant
A netball club in Great Dunmow has been given a large grant of £1000 to buy new kit and equipment for their young members.
This is the second year that Taylor Wimpey East London, a house building company, has donated money to the Great Dunmow Junior Netball Club to help with their expenses.
Year 9 netballers will get the pink, white, and navy blue kit, but all of the children in the club will benefit from the training gear.
The sports group was set up in 2010 by Alison Moscuzza, who wanted to encourage more girls to get involved in the sport early.
She said: ““All of us at the club, from coaches to umpires, are volunteers so we rely heavily on sponsorships such as this. We have between 10 and 20 girls on each squad, so to be able to provide all of the Year 9 girls with new kit is fantastic, as it will then be passed down to the younger girls as they move up.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re all so grateful and the girls look so sweet in their new kits and it helps them feel proud to represent the club.”
- 1 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 2 Dunmow tributes to Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
- 3 Online Young Musician competition launched by Dunmow Rotarians
- 4 Lockdown easing: 'Shop abuse will not be tolerated'
- 5 Two charged in connection with Dunmow burglary
- 6 Care at home: what is it, and how can it help?
- 7 No 11th hour reprieve for Finchingfield homes plan
- 8 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 9 Saffron Walden Musical Theatre Company announces musicals
- 10 Residents urged to have their say in housing consultation