Great Dunmow mayor going for a song to help charities
AN OUTGOING mayor is plotting one final hurrah to crown his year in office and also raise extra cash for his chosen charities. But not only will Great Dunmow Mayor Gwynn Davies be attending the latest in a string of events – he will also be singing in it!
AN OUTGOING mayor is plotting one final hurrah to crown his year in office and also raise extra cash for his chosen charities.
But not only will Great Dunmow Mayor Gwynn Davies be attending the latest in a string of events - he will also be singing in it!
The Welshman, who took the top post within Dunmow's Town Council almost 12 months ago, has hosted a number of events to raise hundreds of pounds for his two chosen charities, the Alzheimer's Society and Accuro.
In an effort to further boost the charity coffers he will join the Chelmsford Male Voice Choir for an evening of singing and music at St Mary's Church on Saturday April 24.
You may also want to watch:
He said: "My tenure as Mayor of Dunmow is drawing to a close, and my last fund-raising function is a concert.
"The evening has a packed program including performances from the choir, soloists, and instrumentalists.
- 1 A12 upgrade: 'The people who live here are not being considered'
- 2 Man dies after Roxwell collision, police confirm
- 3 Helena Romanes homes plan 'harmful urbanisation' says council
- 4 Pedestrian dies following Dunmow collision
- 5 'Gastro-Glastonbury' Foodies Festival coming to Hylands Park in Chelmsford
- 6 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 7 Blue-green algae proves fatal for Doctor's Pond fish
- 8 Man admits to causing death by dangerous driving after B184 collision
- 9 Essex Police issues update on Katie Price's alleged assault
- 10 Essex initiative to support children in hospital reaches milestone
"I am there as mayor, of course, but I also belong to this choir and will be the MC as well as singing on the evening. It is going to be a busy one!"
The concert starts at 7.30pm and tickets, priced at �8, include a glass of wine in the interval.
They are available on the door or can be purchased in advance from Banana Travel in Market Place, Dunmow; The town council offices; or from Cllr Davies, on 01371 872053.
HAS Dunmow's mayor done a good job? E-mail us at email@example.com