Dunmow leisure facility reopens after coronavirus rules ease
- Credit: supplied through Aim Content Marketing for Uttlesford District Council and leisure operator 1Life
Great Dunmow Leisure Centre reopened on Monday (July 27) as coronavirus restrictions eased. But the swimming pool, changing rooms and showers are temporarily unavailable.
Customers can exercise at socially distanced spaces and 1Life staff have PPE equipment including gloves, face masks and visors.
Cleaning schedules have been increased and staff are carrying out cleaning routines each hour with an anti-virus agent. Sanitisation stations have been installed.
There are signs guiding members around the facility and informing them on how to act safely and responsibly, similar to those used in supermarkets, and equipment may be marked as ‘out of use’ or spaced further apart to comply with social distancing rules.
1Life has increased the group exercise timetable with both on-site virtual and instructor-led classes.
You may also want to watch:
Participants are asked to book exercise slots and sessions via the 1Life app, website or by calling the centre to ensure there are appropriate capacity levels.
Mark Braithwaite, CEO of 1Life, said: “We are naturally very excited to re-open but this is not done lightly. We have used the last 17-plus weeks to upskill, re-educate and re-train our teams on the very latest advice and procedures to ensure a safe service and operation.”
- 1 District councillor resigns from R4U
- 2 Holidaymakers fly abroad again out of Stansted Airport
- 3 Japan-inspired album launched from a fantasy home in Dunmow
- 4 Exhibition encourages visitors to touch the sculptures
- 5 Hoarding can cause higher risk of fire, says emergency service
- 6 Vaccine does work against Indian variant, says health secretary
- 7 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 8 Film review: Oscar-winning Nomadland is a 'beautifully realised and affecting drama'
- 9 Broomfield nurse still struggling with Covid-19 after effects
- 10 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
Stansted’s Mountfitchet Romeera Centre will reopen on Monday, August 10.