In pictures: Post box knitting celebrates Tokyo 2020 Olympics and Tom Daley
- Credit: Kathleen Shannon and Jackie Monk
If you're eagle eyed, you will have spotted that Dunmow's postal boxes have had another makeover.
Knitters Kathleen Shannon and Jackie Monk have created Olympic-themed knitting including Tom Daley, who with Matty Lee won gold in the men’s synchronised 10m platform dive this week.
Kathleen said there will be further toppers appearing over the week.
"We have re-used the base for the Olympic Rings topper with Jackie crocheting the running track and field area to sit on top. She’s also responsible for the rings and torch.
"The knitted people normally take me anything between four to eight hours depending on the detail that is required, sometimes a little more.
"The Tom Daley topper is all a completely new one with Jackie’s husband helping us out with the construction of the diving board.
"We can spend 50 to 100 hours designing, knitting and putting it all together."
- 1 Dunmow Rovers Tigers Under 10s celebrate 'fantastic result'
- 2 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 3 New speed check groups to start: Rayne duo share experiences
- 4 Tesco recalls pastry product over risks to people with nut allergies
- 5 Great Dunmow and High Easter take centre stage as Women's Tour of Britain hits town
- 6 High Easter hit Legends with second-half goal blitz
- 7 Outdoor theatre shows for all the family set for the National Trust's Hatfield Forest this summer
- 8 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 9 New Mayors and deputies in Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow
- 10 243 Takeley homes granted outline approval despite concerns