In pictures: Post box knitting celebrates Tokyo 2020 Olympics and Tom Daley
- Credit: Kathleen Shannon and Jackie Monk
If you're eagle eyed, you will have spotted that Dunmow's postal boxes have had another makeover.
Knitters Kathleen Shannon and Jackie Monk have created Olympic-themed knitting including Tom Daley, who with Matty Lee won gold in the men’s synchronised 10m platform dive this week.
Kathleen said there will be further toppers appearing over the week.
"We have re-used the base for the Olympic Rings topper with Jackie crocheting the running track and field area to sit on top. She’s also responsible for the rings and torch.
"The knitted people normally take me anything between four to eight hours depending on the detail that is required, sometimes a little more.
You may also want to watch:
"The Tom Daley topper is all a completely new one with Jackie’s husband helping us out with the construction of the diving board.
"We can spend 50 to 100 hours designing, knitting and putting it all together."
- 1 Man dies after Roxwell collision, police confirm
- 2 A12 upgrade: 'The people who live here are not being considered'
- 3 Helena Romanes homes plan 'harmful urbanisation' says council
- 4 Pedestrian dies following Dunmow collision
- 5 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 6 'Gastro-Glastonbury' Foodies Festival coming to Hylands Park in Chelmsford
- 7 Essex initiative to support children in hospital reaches milestone
- 8 'Not now, Bernard' - Children's concert to open Saffron Walden Symphony Orchestra's new season
- 9 Blue-green algae proves fatal for Doctor's Pond fish
- 10 Community trees and bulbs to help tackle climate change