Great Dunmow fireworks biggest and best yet
- Credit: Archant
A huge crowd turned up for the firework display in Great Dunmow this weekend (November 5) which made it their biggest and best bonfire night event yet.
Between 5000 and 6000 people came to watch the fireworks and light show, have a barbecue, and enjoy the atmosphere.
The Great Dunmow Round Table collected more than £10,000, which will go towards various local charities throughout the year.
Jon Worby, chairman of the round table, said: “We are very pleased it was a great success, and we had an unprecedented number of people arrive, showing that we seem to be doing the right thing.
“We were lucky with the weather, it was cold but it was crisp and clear, which is ideal for fireworks.
You may also want to watch:
“Next year we will promise there will be less queues for entry, for the bar, and for the barbecue.”
It was run solely by unpaid volunteers, including 13 Air Cadets and 65 willing residents – Jon extended a big thank you to everybody who helped.
- 1 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 2 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 3 New cycle network consultation announced
- 4 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 5 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 6 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 7 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 8 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 9 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 10 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows