Great Dunmow fireworks biggest and best yet
- Credit: Archant
A huge crowd turned up for the firework display in Great Dunmow this weekend (November 5) which made it their biggest and best bonfire night event yet.
Between 5000 and 6000 people came to watch the fireworks and light show, have a barbecue, and enjoy the atmosphere.
The Great Dunmow Round Table collected more than £10,000, which will go towards various local charities throughout the year.
Jon Worby, chairman of the round table, said: “We are very pleased it was a great success, and we had an unprecedented number of people arrive, showing that we seem to be doing the right thing.
“We were lucky with the weather, it was cold but it was crisp and clear, which is ideal for fireworks.
You may also want to watch:
“Next year we will promise there will be less queues for entry, for the bar, and for the barbecue.”
It was run solely by unpaid volunteers, including 13 Air Cadets and 65 willing residents – Jon extended a big thank you to everybody who helped.
- 1 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 2 Covid-19 fast-testing centre opens in Uttlesford for asymptomatic residents
- 3 Red engraved gem from iron ring is older than was previously thought
- 4 New Local Plan: 'Housing and transport should be planned together'
- 5 Council row over near £1 million underspend on road repairs
- 6 Beavers help with Finchingfield's 'worst flood in 20 years'
- 7 Broomfield staff facing a 'battlefield scenario' in Covid fight
- 8 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 9 Covid jabs have started at Broomfield Hospital's Vaccination Hub
- 10 Essex County Council approves council tax increase