Donations will be used to buy computers for the school
- Credit: Rotary Club of Dunmow
Rotary Club of Dunmow has donated £1,000 to Dunmow St Mary’s Primary School and the school has also received £500 from Barnston Luxury Travel Ltd.
The money will buy Chromebook computers to support the ICT curriculum throughout the school and individual children should bubbles be locked down.
Headteacher Clare Griffiths said: “We are so grateful to the Rotary Club and Barnston Luxury Travel Ltd for their donations.
“It’s amazing in these difficult times to know that our local community support the efforts we are making to ensure all children are able to access an education regardless of their own or other circumstances.”
During the Covid pandemic, Rotarians have been meeting online via Zoom, and donating the money they would have spent on their weekly meal to their charity fund.
You may also want to watch:
Dunmow Rotarians have also donated £2,500 to Uttlesford Food Bank and supplied PPE to two local care homes, and recently agreed to support local Scouts and Guides.
- 1 Pets Corner: It's time to get your dog back to training class
- 2 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
- 3 Chelmsford beer festival cancelled for 2021 by Covid concerns
- 4 Braintree council installs further electric vehicle charging points
- 5 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 6 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 7 Stebbing on the verge of becoming 'small town', residents fear
- 8 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 9 Coronavirus rates in Essex are doubling every 10 days
- 10 Residents hand water to stranded drivers after fatal M11 crash