Great Bardfield sewer blockage caused by wet wipes
- Credit: Archant
A blockage caused by wet wipes led to sewage overflowing onto the pavement in Bendlowes Road, Great Bardfield yesterday (Wednesday, March 30).
The problem, which began in the morning was cleared by early afternoon.
Sarah Dobson, spokesman for Anglian Water, said: “Our teams attended after reports of an overflowing sewer.
“This was caused by wipes. Blockages like this make the sewage back up and overflow, flooding homes and gardens and damaging the local environment. Wipes, whether for babies or make-up, should go in the bin, not down the loo.
“We’d like to remind everyone of our “keep it clear” campaign and ask people to do their bit to keep pipes clear. The good news is it doesn’t take much effort: Simply allow fats to cool and scrape them into the bin rather than pouring them down the sink.
You may also want to watch:
“Our teams attended quickly, removing the blockage and will remain on site to complete a clean-up of the area.”
- 1 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 2 Dunmow tributes to Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
- 3 Online Young Musician competition launched by Dunmow Rotarians
- 4 Lockdown easing: 'Shop abuse will not be tolerated'
- 5 Two charged in connection with Dunmow burglary
- 6 Care at home: what is it, and how can it help?
- 7 No 11th hour reprieve for Finchingfield homes plan
- 8 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 9 Saffron Walden Musical Theatre Company announces musicals
- 10 Residents urged to have their say in housing consultation