Gran goes it alone
A GRANDMOTHER from Dunmow is proving it s never too late to learn by holding her first ever solo art exhibition seven years after first picking up a paint brush. Linda Series, 56, of Newton Green, has called her exhibition at The Flitch Gallery My Journe
A GRANDMOTHER from Dunmow is proving it's never too late to learn by holding her first ever solo art exhibition seven years after first picking up a paint brush.
Linda Series, 56, of Newton Green, has called her exhibition at The Flitch Gallery 'My Journeys So Far' reflecting her subjects.
"I was on holiday when a keen artist friend of mine suggested I have a go," said Linda explaining how she started to paint.
"I didn't do much art at school and the painting I did of a brook with a tree next to it, I think a five-year-old could have done better."
Instead of being put off by this first effort, it spurred on Linda to do better, enrolling herself at evening art classes at Harlow College.
The array of water-colour sea and landscapes on display shows Mrs Series'
- 1 Dunmow Rovers Tigers Under 10s celebrate 'fantastic result'
- 2 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 3 New speed check groups to start: Rayne duo share experiences
- 4 Outdoor theatre shows for all the family set for the National Trust's Hatfield Forest this summer
- 5 Great Dunmow and High Easter take centre stage as Women's Tour of Britain hits town
- 6 High Easter hit Legends with second-half goal blitz
- 7 Wins for High Roding, Aythorpe Roding and Dunmow cricketers
- 8 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 9 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 10 New Mayors and deputies in Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow
love of landscapes, and her touch with the brush is definitely one that is beyond her tender years as an artist.
"I find it fascinating. I'm so inspired by scenery, especially that in East Anglia," she said.
The exhibition at the Flitch Art Gallery, High Street, Dunmow, runs until September 22. Entrance into the gallery is free of charge.