Golf day raises more than £35,000 for youngsters to receive specialist physiotherapy
- Credit: Archant
A Great Dunmow funeral directors has raised a staggering £36,000 to help youngsters receive specialist physiotherapy treatment.
The team at Daniel Robinson & Sons, in Haslers Lane, took to Colne Valley Golf Club earlier this year to gather funds for three needy children – Lyncoln, Aiden and Summer.
Each child is living with cerebral palsy, which affects mobility in their lower limbs.
Thanks to the thousands raised, the youngsters can now benefit from physiotherapy treatment which is not available on the NHS.
Phil Barrow, funeral manager, said: “Thank you to everyone who donated items, sponsored holes, played on the day, took part in the auction, made donations, or gave their time.”
You may also want to watch:
Last time, the golf day shared some of its funds with Lenny Pyne, who this year was able to walk unaided to the front of the stage and hand out prizes to the winning players.
- 1 Pedestrian dies following Dunmow collision
- 2 Man dies after Roxwell collision, police confirm
- 3 Community trees and bulbs to help tackle climate change
- 4 Essex Police issues update on Katie Price's alleged assault
- 5 Interest in women and girls cricket rises following anniversary event
- 6 Dunmow's Macmillan coffee and cake success despite stolen banner
- 7 Felsted collision: Motorcyclist seriously injured
- 8 Man admits to causing death by dangerous driving after B184 collision
- 9 New chemotherapy centre at Broomfield Hospital is 'fantastic'
- 10 M11 targeted in week of motorway protests