Golf day raises more than £35,000 for youngsters to receive specialist physiotherapy
- Credit: Archant
A Great Dunmow funeral directors has raised a staggering £36,000 to help youngsters receive specialist physiotherapy treatment.
The team at Daniel Robinson & Sons, in Haslers Lane, took to Colne Valley Golf Club earlier this year to gather funds for three needy children – Lyncoln, Aiden and Summer.
Each child is living with cerebral palsy, which affects mobility in their lower limbs.
Thanks to the thousands raised, the youngsters can now benefit from physiotherapy treatment which is not available on the NHS.
Phil Barrow, funeral manager, said: “Thank you to everyone who donated items, sponsored holes, played on the day, took part in the auction, made donations, or gave their time.”
You may also want to watch:
Last time, the golf day shared some of its funds with Lenny Pyne, who this year was able to walk unaided to the front of the stage and hand out prizes to the winning players.
- 1 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge
- 2 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
- 3 More work needed ahead of holiday easing, Stansted says
- 4 Super six for High Easter as they turn on the style against Coggeshall Town youngsters
- 5 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 6 There's a rainbow in the woods outside Thaxted
- 7 Take away Covid self tests from Thaxted library
- 8 Care at home: what is it, and how can it help?
- 9 Ambitious and fast-growing High Roding raring to go ahead of new season
- 10 Things to do on the May Bank Holiday weekend: Essex gardens are open