Golden generation enjoy free concert
MORE than 250 members of Great Dunmow’s golden generation enjoyed a free concert last week, courtesy of the town’s rotary club.
The annual Senior Citizens Concert has become an ever more popular event in recent years and 2010 was no exception as Foakes Hall was packed to the rafters with guests.
This year the theme was ‘A Choral Showcase’ which managed to fuse jazz music, from Blue Heat, with choral verses sung by The Davenant Community Choir.
The evening showcase, held on May 21, included classics such as Gloria, America, and I Dreamed a Dream.
The choir was conducted energetically by Peter Crowe, the accompanist was Paul Chilvers and The Blue Heat Jazz band was made up of talented sixth form students from Loughton School. Jonathan Huff on trumpet was spokesman for the band which comprised Gregory Huff (trombone), Richard Neale (piano), Rachel Espeute (bass guitar) and Jamie Joiner (drums).
You may also want to watch:
During the interval, Dunmow Rotary members were assisted by the ladies of the Inner Wheel Club in serving free drinks and choc ices to the audience.
President David Green said: “It was an enjoyable show and the audience obviously enjoyed themselves. The rotary club supports a wide range of charitable organisations that are of benefit to the local community.”
- 1 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 2 Dunmow tributes to Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
- 3 Online Young Musician competition launched by Dunmow Rotarians
- 4 Lockdown easing: 'Shop abuse will not be tolerated'
- 5 Two charged in connection with Dunmow burglary
- 6 Care at home: what is it, and how can it help?
- 7 No 11th hour reprieve for Finchingfield homes plan
- 8 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 9 Saffron Walden Musical Theatre Company announces musicals
- 10 Residents urged to have their say in housing consultation