Go-ahead for new Felsted school building
EARLY YEARS education in Felsted has been given a boost after plans to build a new pre-preparatory school was given the go-ahead. A new �2.5 million Felsted Pre-Preparatory School will provide nine bright and modern classrooms for children aged four to se
EARLY YEARS education in Felsted has been given a boost after plans to build a new pre-preparatory school was given the go-ahead.
A new �2.5 million Felsted Pre-Preparatory School will provide nine bright and modern classrooms for children aged four to seven.
The two storey building, designed by architects Cowper Griffith Architects of Cambridge, will also include a library, reception area, offices and a multipurpose hall for lunch, games, assemblies and other activities.
All areas have been designed with input from the current head of the pre-preparatory department, Jane West, and her team.
You may also want to watch:
Ms West said: "This is an amazing opportunity to be involved in creating a space designed around the needs of children during their early stages of education.
"The new building will allow us all to work in an efficient and energising environment."
- 1 Thieves swap elderly hospital patient’s ‘precious’ rings with tin bands
- 2 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 3 Revealed: UDC considers almost 300 possible new development sites
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 5 Q&A: Former Uttlesford District Council leader Howard Rolfe
- 6 Chelmsford beer festival cancelled for 2021 by Covid concerns
- 7 Vulnerable Uttlesford residents set for council tax rate freeze
- 8 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show
- 9 Stebbing on the verge of becoming 'small town', residents fear
- 10 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
Headmistress of Felsted Preparatory School, Jenny Burrett, said: "Increased demand for places over the past three years at Felsted has allowed us to fund this much- needed new building.
"Following their 'outstanding' Early Years Ofsted Inspection in 2008, I am delighted to be able to provide our hard working teachers with the right environment to give their best to our young pupils."
Felsted will be looking at energy sources in line with its green policy and will endeavour to use environmentally friendly methods wherever possible.
It is planned to have the building completed by the summer of 2011, ready for use from September 2011.