Go-ahead for new Felsted school building
EARLY YEARS education in Felsted has been given a boost after plans to build a new pre-preparatory school was given the go-ahead. A new �2.5 million Felsted Pre-Preparatory School will provide nine bright and modern classrooms for children aged four to se
EARLY YEARS education in Felsted has been given a boost after plans to build a new pre-preparatory school was given the go-ahead.
A new �2.5 million Felsted Pre-Preparatory School will provide nine bright and modern classrooms for children aged four to seven.
The two storey building, designed by architects Cowper Griffith Architects of Cambridge, will also include a library, reception area, offices and a multipurpose hall for lunch, games, assemblies and other activities.
All areas have been designed with input from the current head of the pre-preparatory department, Jane West, and her team.
You may also want to watch:
Ms West said: "This is an amazing opportunity to be involved in creating a space designed around the needs of children during their early stages of education.
"The new building will allow us all to work in an efficient and energising environment."
- 1 New cycle network consultation announced
- 2 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 3 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 4 Dunmow Cricket Club at 125 years and launch of Project Pavilion
- 5 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 6 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 7 Things to do in May: Open Day for Gardens of Easton Lodge
- 8 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 9 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 10 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
Headmistress of Felsted Preparatory School, Jenny Burrett, said: "Increased demand for places over the past three years at Felsted has allowed us to fund this much- needed new building.
"Following their 'outstanding' Early Years Ofsted Inspection in 2008, I am delighted to be able to provide our hard working teachers with the right environment to give their best to our young pupils."
Felsted will be looking at energy sources in line with its green policy and will endeavour to use environmentally friendly methods wherever possible.
It is planned to have the building completed by the summer of 2011, ready for use from September 2011.