Giving it a little bit of welly
GROWN-ups and children put on their most hardy of outdoor shoes to take part in this year s annual Welly Walk at Hatfield Forest. On Wednesday, as part of the many half term break activities, the forest footpaths were trampled by young children enjoying t
GROWN-ups and children put on their most hardy of outdoor shoes to take part in this year's annual Welly Walk at Hatfield Forest.
On Wednesday, as part of the many half term break activities, the forest footpaths were trampled by young children enjoying the fresh air of the great outdoors.
The walk allowed everyone to use all of their senses to see what the forest has to offer just as spring threatens to break through.
A spokesman for the National Trust, which owns and runs the forest activities, said: "It didn't seem five minutes since children were enjoying the Christmas holidays but with February already nearly over, we did activities in the forest to provide people with things to do over half term.
You may also want to watch:
"We were very busy all week, including the Welly Walk and it is nice to see that families are taking the time to go back to basics and enjoy some simple family fun in the outdoors."
The walks took place between 11am and 3pm at the charge of �4 per child.
- 1 In pictures: Fun at the 2021 Great Dunmow Teddy Bears' picnic
- 2 In pictures: Post box knitting celebrates Tokyo 2020 Olympics and Tom Daley
- 3 Disabled resident compensated after Uttlesford council 'fault'
- 4 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 5 Thieves swap elderly hospital patient’s ‘precious’ rings with tin bands
- 6 Stansted Airport's summer getaway flight figures
- 7 Jobs boost for community as Dunmow's Caremark sees demand surge
- 8 Chelmsford beer festival cancelled for 2021 by Covid concerns
- 9 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 10 High Roding at the double and Dunmow go three-up as Aythorpe Roding lose ground in title race
Hatfield Forest is open to pedestrians all year and the car park at the main entrance is also open all year. Entry is between 10am to 5pm.