Giving it a little bit of welly
GROWN-ups and children put on their most hardy of outdoor shoes to take part in this year s annual Welly Walk at Hatfield Forest. On Wednesday, as part of the many half term break activities, the forest footpaths were trampled by young children enjoying t
GROWN-ups and children put on their most hardy of outdoor shoes to take part in this year's annual Welly Walk at Hatfield Forest.
On Wednesday, as part of the many half term break activities, the forest footpaths were trampled by young children enjoying the fresh air of the great outdoors.
The walk allowed everyone to use all of their senses to see what the forest has to offer just as spring threatens to break through.
A spokesman for the National Trust, which owns and runs the forest activities, said: "It didn't seem five minutes since children were enjoying the Christmas holidays but with February already nearly over, we did activities in the forest to provide people with things to do over half term.
"We were very busy all week, including the Welly Walk and it is nice to see that families are taking the time to go back to basics and enjoy some simple family fun in the outdoors."
The walks took place between 11am and 3pm at the charge of �4 per child.
- 1 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 2 New speed check groups to start: Rayne duo share experiences
- 3 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 4 High Roding continue excellent start, as Aythorpe, Dunmow suffer defeats
- 5 Great Dunmow and High Easter take centre stage as Women's Tour of Britain hits town
- 6 New Mayors and deputies in Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow
- 7 243 Takeley homes granted outline approval despite concerns
- 8 Recap: A120 reopens near Stansted Airport after 'police incident'
- 9 Queen, Alicia Keys and Diana Ross to star in BBC's Platinum Jubilee Party
- 10 Yarn spinning, bicycles and Spring lambs at Care Farm day
Hatfield Forest is open to pedestrians all year and the car park at the main entrance is also open all year. Entry is between 10am to 5pm.