Gilwell Park’s Winter Camp
TWENTY-FIVE Scouts from 1st and 5th Saffron Walden Scout Troops, 10 Explorers from Saffron Walden District and their leaders, endured severe weather conditions at Gilwell Park s Winter Camp, held on Saturday January 7 and Sunday January 8. Scout Leader, K
TWENTY-FIVE Scouts from 1st and 5th Saffron Walden Scout Troops, 10 Explorers from Saffron Walden District and their leaders, endured severe weather conditions at Gilwell Park's Winter Camp, held on Saturday January 7 and Sunday January 8.
Scout Leader, Kevin Rule, said that, despite the weather, the 21st winter camp had the best turnout ever.
It was the fourth year that the Scouts and Explorers from Saffron Walden attended the event, which also attracted more than 2,000 other Scouts from all over the UK.
Activities included fairground rides, archery, late-night movies, a campfire, climbing and abseiling, discos, a simulator and zorbing - rolling down a hillside inside a giant hollow inflatable ball.
You may also want to watch:
Gilwell Park, at in Chingford, London, is the Scout's national campsite and activity centre.
- 1 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 2 Dunmow Cricket Club at 125 years and launch of Project Pavilion
- 3 New cycle network consultation announced
- 4 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 5 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 6 Things to do in May: Open Day for Gardens of Easton Lodge
- 7 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 8 Roger Hirst remains in place in Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner elections
- 9 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 10 New mayor and deputy mayor appointed for town council