Gifted young Felsted Preparatory pupil gains place at the Junior Guildhall School of Music and Drama
- Credit: Archant
A talented young Felsted Preparatory School pupil has been offered a place at the prestigious Junior Guildhall School of Music and Drama in London.
Sana Abu-Jabir will begin her studies at the music school in September. The nine-year-old’s achievement is impressive as she is the youngest percussionist to ever be accepted at Guildhall.
She has been placed on the full-course and will be studying alongside much older students.
Head of the Junior Guildhall, Derek Rodgers, was impressed with Sana in her audition and noted her wonderful musical potential. She will begin her studies at the school in percussion, and go on to study her other instruments, drum kit, viola and piano, too.
The Junior Guildhall is a Saturday school that specialises in training young people between the ages of four and 18 in music and drama.
You may also want to watch:
James Lowry, head of music at Felsted, said: “I am delighted the partnership between Felsted School and the Junior Guildhall is so clearly bearing fruit. Sana’s success is something of which I am very proud, and I’m very much looking forward to seeing where we can go over the coming years.”
Sana said she is very excited to begin her studies in September.
- 1 Man dies after Roxwell collision, police confirm
- 2 Helena Romanes homes plan 'harmful urbanisation' says council
- 3 Pedestrian dies following Dunmow collision
- 4 Community trees and bulbs to help tackle climate change
- 5 Essex Police issues update on Katie Price's alleged assault
- 6 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 7 'Gastro-Glastonbury' Foodies Festival coming to Hylands Park in Chelmsford
- 8 Saffron Screen's new Sunday night film season is For All The Brave Women
- 9 New chemotherapy centre at Broomfield Hospital is 'fantastic'
- 10 Essex initiative to support children in hospital reaches milestone