Gifted young Felsted Preparatory pupil gains place at the Junior Guildhall School of Music and Drama
- Credit: Archant
A talented young Felsted Preparatory School pupil has been offered a place at the prestigious Junior Guildhall School of Music and Drama in London.
Sana Abu-Jabir will begin her studies at the music school in September. The nine-year-old’s achievement is impressive as she is the youngest percussionist to ever be accepted at Guildhall.
She has been placed on the full-course and will be studying alongside much older students.
Head of the Junior Guildhall, Derek Rodgers, was impressed with Sana in her audition and noted her wonderful musical potential. She will begin her studies at the school in percussion, and go on to study her other instruments, drum kit, viola and piano, too.
The Junior Guildhall is a Saturday school that specialises in training young people between the ages of four and 18 in music and drama.
You may also want to watch:
James Lowry, head of music at Felsted, said: “I am delighted the partnership between Felsted School and the Junior Guildhall is so clearly bearing fruit. Sana’s success is something of which I am very proud, and I’m very much looking forward to seeing where we can go over the coming years.”
Sana said she is very excited to begin her studies in September.
- 1 New cycle network consultation announced
- 2 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 3 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 4 Dunmow Cricket Club at 125 years and launch of Project Pavilion
- 5 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 6 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 7 Things to do in May: Open Day for Gardens of Easton Lodge
- 8 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 9 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 10 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert