HAUNTING discoveries have been made by primary school pupils exploring a hotel. As part of a school history project, Year Six pupils from St Mary s in Dunmow were taken on a tour of the Saracens Head Hotel after learning that a number of ghostly figures h
HAUNTING discoveries have been made by primary school pupils exploring a hotel.
As part of a school history project, Year Six pupils from St Mary's in Dunmow were taken on a tour of the Saracens Head Hotel after learning that a number of ghostly figures have been seen hanging around the 16th Century venue.
And a handful of the children who visited the cellar, rooms, bar and restaurant claimed to have seen some ghostly figures lurking.
Hotel manager, Paul Newson, said: "The building is supposed to have three ghosts among its residents, including a small boy who plays with a musical box, a woman in a large dress and also horses have been seen and heard where the old stables used to be."
You may also want to watch:
The children took part in the tour as part of their current studies into the history and future of Great Dunmow.
Headteacher Val White said: "The children have written to the owners of various historical and important buildings around the town to find out information on the past and the future.
- 1 Thieves swap elderly hospital patient’s ‘precious’ rings with tin bands
- 2 Revealed: UDC considers almost 300 possible new development sites
- 3 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 5 Chelmsford beer festival cancelled for 2021 by Covid concerns
- 6 4 English Heritage events to enjoy at Audley End this summer
- 7 Q&A: Former Uttlesford District Council leader Howard Rolfe
- 8 Vulnerable Uttlesford residents set for council tax rate freeze
- 9 Stebbing on the verge of becoming 'small town', residents fear
- 10 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
"The staff at the Saracens kindly invited us down for a tour so the pupils could see the building in detail. It was a really worthwhile activity that brings the subject to life for them."
Next week the children will be off to take a tour of the shoe shop on the High Street.
HAVE you had any experiences of ghosts or have any ghoulish pictures that are difficult to explain? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org