Covid jabs update: 'Bring us closer to freedom' plea
- Credit: Charlotte Bond
An Essex and Herts NHS leader has urged people to make sure they get their second Covid-19 vaccine.
Dr Jane Halpin, Chief Executive of the Hertfordshire and West Essex Clinical Commissioning Groups, said getting the second vaccine will help "bring us one step closer to freedom".
Across Hertfordshire and west Essex, over 1.6 million doses of the vaccine have been given so far, meaning 54 percent of the area's population is fully vaccinated.
Dr Halpin said: "I am thrilled that in Hertfordshire and west Essex so many people have had their vaccination and are helping the country beat this devastating virus.
“If you’ve been offered the vaccine before but haven’t yet taken it up, don’t worry.
"The offer of the vaccine will not expire - so if you have been invited but haven’t made an appointment yet, please do so today."
You may also want to watch:
Today (Friday 18), vaccines were made available to all over-18s in England.
- 1 Man dies after Roxwell collision, police confirm
- 2 A12 upgrade: 'The people who live here are not being considered'
- 3 Helena Romanes homes plan 'harmful urbanisation' says council
- 4 Pedestrian dies following Dunmow collision
- 5 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 6 'Gastro-Glastonbury' Foodies Festival coming to Hylands Park in Chelmsford
- 7 Essex initiative to support children in hospital reaches milestone
- 8 Essex Police issues update on Katie Price's alleged assault
- 9 Blue-green algae proves fatal for Doctor's Pond fish
- 10 Community trees and bulbs to help tackle climate change