General Election update: Significant turn out increase in Saffron Walden, result to follow
TURN OUT in the general election for the Saffron Walden constituency is 71.7 per cent, it has been announced. Of the 76,035 electorate, some 54,484 people voted.
TURN OUT in the general election for the Saffron Walden constituency is 71.7 per cent, it has been announced.
Of the 76,035 electorate, some 54,484 people voted.
The 71.7 per cent turn out is an increase from 68.3 per cent at the last election in 2005 - an increase of 3.4 per cent.
However, that includes boundary changes which have increased the size of the constituency.
You may also want to watch:
The count at Lord Butler Fitness and Leisure Centre is ongoing. A result is expected at 12.30pm.
- 1 Parking charge agreed despite 7,500 signature petition to council
- 2 Stroke at 27 - now teacher is giving something back
- 3 Co-op windows are smashed and cigarettes stolen
- 4 Design of 326 houses approved for Dunmow
- 5 Controversial investment is ethical, district councillors say
- 6 Two dogs stolen as Uttlesford dog owners voice concern
- 7 Essex recruiting on-call firefighters
- 8 Robbers leave with hundreds of pounds after threatening business staff
- 9 Quakers ask district council to reverse decision as investment row continues
- 10 How County Hall is helping our economy bounce back in the wake of the pandemic