General Election results: Estate agents say testing times ahead’
UTTLESFORD-based estate agents Mullucks Wells has reacted to the result of the UK General Election, which has seen the emergence of a hung parliament, with no party in overall control. Following the closest election race for decades, director William Well
UTTLESFORD-based estate agents Mullucks Wells has reacted to the result of the UK General Election, which has seen the emergence of a hung parliament, with no party in overall control.
Following the closest election race for decades, director William Wells said on Friday: "This will undoubtedly prove to be a testing time for the housing market in our region and in the UK as a whole.
"Our hope is that parties will co-operate and take into account the interests of the country first - because almost everyone acknowledges that we have to start paying back the deficit and uncertainty will be unhelpful.
"A hung parliament also means that we will need clarity on what this new Government plans to do about important issues such as Home Information Packs, stamp duty and the so-called 'mansion tax'.
You may also want to watch:
"However, with tumultuous times continuing in the world's financial markets, bricks and mortar can once again be regarded as a safe option."
WHAT do you think? E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.dunmowbroadcast24.co.uk.
- 1 MasterChef winner Chef Webb's lockdown recipe
- 2 Residents, the RAF and Stansted Airport react to sonic boom
- 3 Police seek witnesses to two vehicle collision
- 4 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 5 Covid jabs have started at Broomfield Hospital's Vaccination Hub
- 6 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40
- 7 Stations benefit from funding
- 8 Rape victim urges others to be brave and tell Essex Police
- 9 Archaeologists find remains of Iron Age village
- 10 Campaign seeks free products in Uttlesford's public buildings