GCSE results: Helena Romanes School sets a new record
GCSE students at Helena Romanes School were thrilled this morning after they achieved the best ever set of results.
In total 81 per cent of exam-takers at the Dunmow school managed an A* to C grade. Also, 65 per cent managed an A* to C grade including English and Maths – an increase of over 11 per cent from 2009.
Delighted headteacher Simon Knight was thrilled by the news. “These are the best results in the history of the school,” he said.
“We are rightly known for improving year-on-year and the results are a reflection of the hard work of our students, staff and the support of parents.
“We look forward to continuing this trend of year-on-year improvement. Well done everyone.”
You may also want to watch:
Most students will use their success to take them directly to the Helena Romanes sixth from where they can choose from around 40 different courses to facilitate a career path.
Paying tribute to the hard work and dedication of students and staff, and the support of parents and the commitment of governors, Mr Knight added: “We were expecting good results but what these students achieved is something very special.
- 1 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
- 2 Dunmow businesses delighted to be back as lockdown eases
- 3 Prince Philip death: Uttlesford service and Garden of Remembrance
- 4 Revealed: Essex hospital treatment waiting time data
- 5 Dunmow tributes to Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
- 6 Lionel the Giant Perch is 'the perfect addition'
- 7 Lockdown easing: 'Shop abuse will not be tolerated'
- 8 Takeley virtual consultation opens
- 9 Ram-raid gang member absconds from Suffolk jail
- 10 No 11th hour reprieve for Finchingfield homes plan
“We have a strong team of staff to ensure that every student achieves high standards and is able to progress onto further education or training.”
Top achieving students this year scoring a host of A*’s and A’s between them were:
Chair of governors Janet Dyson said: “We congratulate our students on their results and wish them continuing success whatever path they choose to follow.”
GOT anyone to congratulate? E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org