GCSE results: Another great year for Felsted
FELSTED students have again produced excellent GCSE results this year.
43 per cent of all grades were A* or A, with 10 students gaining all A* or A grades, amongst whom Lydia Carrington and Eliz Peck achieved the remarkable feat of all A* grades!
The percentage of A*, A and B grades was also up 5 per cent on 2011, reaching 70 percent. The overall pass rate was again high with 91% of all students gaining five or more A* to C passes.
Headmaster Dr Mike Walker said: “We can be extremely proud of the immense hard work put in by students and teachers alike, and of our students’ achievements!
“Most of all our students have done extremely well academically while learning to manage themselves and balance an exceptional range of other achievements at a high level too, in Sport, Music, Drama and Art, Community Service, International opportunities, Leadership and Service.
You may also want to watch:
“They are tremendously rounded, pro-active and caring individuals but I am also thrilled for them that they have gained the good grades to target Sixth Form and beyond. I think it is this spirit and achievement which has led us to become further over-subscribed for places.’
Lydia Carrington and Eliz Peck both gained 10 A*s. Lydia is an Academic and Drama Scholar and will be staying on for the Sixth Form at Felsted to study A Levels in English Literature, History, Religious Studies and Theatre Studies.
- 1 Cows rescued after A120 collision
- 2 In pictures: Fun at the 2021 Great Dunmow Teddy Bears' picnic
- 3 In pictures: Post box knitting celebrates Tokyo 2020 Olympics and Tom Daley
- 4 Jobs boost for community as Dunmow's Caremark sees demand surge
- 5 Disabled resident compensated after Uttlesford council 'fault'
- 6 Stansted Airport's summer getaway flight figures
- 7 Former Tring Athletic boss Kevin Christou named as new manager at Dunmow Town
- 8 Thieves swap elderly hospital patient’s ‘precious’ rings with tin bands
- 9 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
- 10 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
Lydia said: “I still can’t believe I gained these results! I am so happy! I am hoping to work in Journalism or Broadcasting in the future and I am keen to gain as much work experience in these fields as possible over the coming two years”.
Eliz Peck is an Academic and Music Scholar (Clarinet and Voice) at Felsted and will be studying History, Maths, Latin and Economics A Levels next term, with a career in Finance or Law in mind.
She said: “I am so pleased with my results. We are meeting up with some more Felsted girls tonight to celebrate our success.”