GCSE results: Another great year for Felsted
FELSTED students have again produced excellent GCSE results this year.
43 per cent of all grades were A* or A, with 10 students gaining all A* or A grades, amongst whom Lydia Carrington and Eliz Peck achieved the remarkable feat of all A* grades!
The percentage of A*, A and B grades was also up 5 per cent on 2011, reaching 70 percent. The overall pass rate was again high with 91% of all students gaining five or more A* to C passes.
Headmaster Dr Mike Walker said: “We can be extremely proud of the immense hard work put in by students and teachers alike, and of our students’ achievements!
“Most of all our students have done extremely well academically while learning to manage themselves and balance an exceptional range of other achievements at a high level too, in Sport, Music, Drama and Art, Community Service, International opportunities, Leadership and Service.
You may also want to watch:
“They are tremendously rounded, pro-active and caring individuals but I am also thrilled for them that they have gained the good grades to target Sixth Form and beyond. I think it is this spirit and achievement which has led us to become further over-subscribed for places.’
Lydia Carrington and Eliz Peck both gained 10 A*s. Lydia is an Academic and Drama Scholar and will be staying on for the Sixth Form at Felsted to study A Levels in English Literature, History, Religious Studies and Theatre Studies.
- 1 Covid-19 fast-testing centre opens in Uttlesford for asymptomatic residents
- 2 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 3 Secretary of state to consider overturning Finchingfield houses approval
- 4 Red engraved gem from iron ring is older than was previously thought
- 5 New Local Plan: 'Housing and transport should be planned together'
- 6 Council row over near £1 million underspend on road repairs
- 7 'I can walk 500 miles' - chairman's Scottish celebrations during charity trek
- 8 Beavers help with Finchingfield's 'worst flood in 20 years'
- 9 Former POW camp on council heritage list
- 10 Seventh flood in Great Bardfield breaks pavement
Lydia said: “I still can’t believe I gained these results! I am so happy! I am hoping to work in Journalism or Broadcasting in the future and I am keen to gain as much work experience in these fields as possible over the coming two years”.
Eliz Peck is an Academic and Music Scholar (Clarinet and Voice) at Felsted and will be studying History, Maths, Latin and Economics A Levels next term, with a career in Finance or Law in mind.
She said: “I am so pleased with my results. We are meeting up with some more Felsted girls tonight to celebrate our success.”