GCSE results 2020: St Mary’s Senior School in Colchester
- Credit: St Mary's Colchester
96 percent of all candidates achieve five or more GCSEs at Grade 4 and above, including Maths and English.
GCSE students are celebrating their results at St Mary’s Senior School in Colchester.
A small groups of students came in to school to collect their results.
The school said that despite the cancellation of exams and the closure of schools because of coronavirus steps taken nationally, the results for St Mary’s truly reflect the hard work and commitment of both students and their teaching staff.
The results are in line with previous years, with 96 percent of all candidates achieving five or more GCSEs of Grade 4 and above, including Maths and English.
The school also had a 100 percent pass rate in 22 subjects. These are: English Literature, Further Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Combined Science, French, German, Spanish, Art, Classics, Drama, Geography, History, Hospitality and Catering, ICT, Latin, Classics, Music, Religious Studies, Textiles, and Statistics.
St Mary’s Principal Hilary Vipond said: “I am incredibly proud of our girls’ achievement at GCSE especially as St Mary’s is a non-selective school.
- 1 Scammer conned North Essex man out of £6,000
- 2 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 3 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 4 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 5 Obituary: Michael Hitchcock was known as 'Mr Bardfield'
- 6 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 7 Dunmow Rovers Youth FC get £1,000 donation for new kits
- 8 Dunmow Rovers Tigers Under 10s celebrate 'fantastic result'
- 9 Outdoor theatre shows for all the family set for the National Trust's Hatfield Forest this summer
- 10 High Easter hit Legends with second-half goal blitz
“In these difficult times it is only right and proper that the staff who know the girls so well are the ones providing the Centre Assessed
Grades, and with a low staff turnover very many of the girls have been taught by a member of staff for five years.
“These super results are a reflection of all their hard work, combined with the high quality, tailored education we provide.
“By giving our students encouragement and support they aim high and are subsequently able to achieve outstanding academic results.”