GCSE results 2020: St Mary’s Senior School in Colchester
- Credit: St Mary's Colchester
96 percent of all candidates achieve five or more GCSEs at Grade 4 and above, including Maths and English.
GCSE students are celebrating their results at St Mary’s Senior School in Colchester.
A small groups of students came in to school to collect their results.
The school said that despite the cancellation of exams and the closure of schools because of coronavirus steps taken nationally, the results for St Mary’s truly reflect the hard work and commitment of both students and their teaching staff.
The results are in line with previous years, with 96 percent of all candidates achieving five or more GCSEs of Grade 4 and above, including Maths and English.
You may also want to watch:
The school also had a 100 percent pass rate in 22 subjects. These are: English Literature, Further Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Combined Science, French, German, Spanish, Art, Classics, Drama, Geography, History, Hospitality and Catering, ICT, Latin, Classics, Music, Religious Studies, Textiles, and Statistics.
St Mary’s Principal Hilary Vipond said: “I am incredibly proud of our girls’ achievement at GCSE especially as St Mary’s is a non-selective school.
- 1 New Dunmow school approved but safety fears aired
- 2 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 3 More history made by Dunmow Taekwondo's talented students
- 4 Great Easton pub sells at auction
- 5 Care at home: what is it, and how can it help?
- 6 Two charged in connection with Dunmow burglary
- 7 No 11th hour reprieve for Finchingfield homes plan
- 8 Online Young Musician competition launched by Dunmow Rotarians
- 9 Residents urged to have their say in housing consultation
- 10 Dragons' Den style competition highlights innovative ideas
“In these difficult times it is only right and proper that the staff who know the girls so well are the ones providing the Centre Assessed
Grades, and with a low staff turnover very many of the girls have been taught by a member of staff for five years.
“These super results are a reflection of all their hard work, combined with the high quality, tailored education we provide.
“By giving our students encouragement and support they aim high and are subsequently able to achieve outstanding academic results.”