GCSE results 2020: St Mary’s Senior School in Colchester
- Credit: St Mary's Colchester
96 percent of all candidates achieve five or more GCSEs at Grade 4 and above, including Maths and English.
GCSE students are celebrating their results at St Mary’s Senior School in Colchester.
A small groups of students came in to school to collect their results.
The school said that despite the cancellation of exams and the closure of schools because of coronavirus steps taken nationally, the results for St Mary’s truly reflect the hard work and commitment of both students and their teaching staff.
The results are in line with previous years, with 96 percent of all candidates achieving five or more GCSEs of Grade 4 and above, including Maths and English.
You may also want to watch:
The school also had a 100 percent pass rate in 22 subjects. These are: English Literature, Further Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Combined Science, French, German, Spanish, Art, Classics, Drama, Geography, History, Hospitality and Catering, ICT, Latin, Classics, Music, Religious Studies, Textiles, and Statistics.
St Mary’s Principal Hilary Vipond said: “I am incredibly proud of our girls’ achievement at GCSE especially as St Mary’s is a non-selective school.
- 1 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 2 Residents hand water to stranded drivers after fatal M11 crash
- 3 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 4 Stebbing on the verge of becoming 'small town', residents fear
- 5 Fun T2 cricket match and BBQ help to celebrate Dunmow's 125th anniversary
- 6 The handwritten letters and drawings sent to Euro 2020's players
- 7 This week's paper: Dunmow Broadcast on July 22, 2021
- 8 Former Tring Athletic boss Kevin Christou named as new manager at Dunmow Town
- 9 Firefighters tackle roof blaze in Bardfield
- 10 Pets Corner: It's time to get your dog back to training class
“In these difficult times it is only right and proper that the staff who know the girls so well are the ones providing the Centre Assessed
Grades, and with a low staff turnover very many of the girls have been taught by a member of staff for five years.
“These super results are a reflection of all their hard work, combined with the high quality, tailored education we provide.
“By giving our students encouragement and support they aim high and are subsequently able to achieve outstanding academic results.”