Bees, birds and bacon rolls! Gardens of Easton Lodge open day is fun for whole family
- Credit: Archant
Families enjoyed an open day at the Gardens of Easton Lodge, where they could learn about the wildlife and flowers in the grounds on Sunday.
Naturalist Jono Forgham led curious youngsters on bug hunts and bird walks and visitors could also watch the garden's busy beekeepers at work.
Parents could indulge in a spot of croquet or applaud the Thaxted Morris Men, whilst enjoying homemade cake and bacon rolls.
Essex Bat Group, Uttlesford and Harlow Badger Group and Essex Wildlife Trust were also on hand to share their expertise.
Garden trustee Claire Matthews said: "The gardens are looking wonderful at the moment and will be in their full summer glory next month. We are looking forward to welcoming even more visitors then."
You may also want to watch:
More information about the gardens is available on their website: www.eastonlodge.co.uk. To enquire about volunteering or hosting a talk about the gardens email email@example.com or call 01371 876979.
- 1 There's a rainbow in the woods outside Thaxted
- 2 Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners delighted to be back at actual races
- 3 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 4 Delight at repairs grant which will also support specialist building trade
- 5 Pay It Forward brings joy to Dunmow community
- 6 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 7 Maisie the schnoodle returns to care home after year of 'fur'-lough
- 8 Your opinion matters: Help to shape the future of your newspaper
- 9 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
- 10 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge