Things to do in May: Open Day for Gardens of Easton Lodge
- Credit: The Gardens of Easton Lodge
The Gardens of Easton Lodge at Little Easton near Great Dunmow will be open for pre-booked visitors on Sunday, May 23.
The work to restore the balustrade around the Italian Garden's lilypond should be complete.
A storyteller will be on hand to talk about the Countess of Warwick, who loved animals. She had a mini-zoo at her other home, Warwick Castle, she became a dog-breeder and loved birds.
The Children's Trail will feature animals from the Countess’ menagerie.
Folk duo Karen and Tony will perform and Essex Wildlife and the Woodland Trust will be present. There will be a range of stalls, for plants, jams, honey and plant supports and a woodturner.
You may also want to watch:
The Gardens are open from 11am to 5pm, with last entry at 4pm.
- 1 Plan for 30 Dunmow homes rejected by councillors
- 2 Parkrun is back - runners urged to maintain social distancing
- 3 Debut Dunmow festival set for sellout success
- 4 The number of Indian variant Covid cases in Uttlesford
- 5 Bronze Age and Roman treasures go on display at museum
- 6 Dunmow store transforms with new wedding and prom focus
- 7 Revealed: images of new hospital that aims to be carbon neutral
- 8 Freedom Day has been delayed by up to four weeks
- 9 Two injured in Hatfield Broad Oak crash
- 10 Life change of direction for owners of new Felsted cafe