Garden event roaring success
THE GARDENS of Easton Lodge held its annual Snowdrop Spectacular on Sunday and this year took inspiration from the Chronicles of Narnia. People turned up to witness the magic of the beautiful snowdrop carpet at the gardens situated near to Little Easton.
THE GARDENS of Easton Lodge held its annual Snowdrop Spectacular on Sunday and this year took inspiration from the Chronicles of Narnia.
People turned up to witness the magic of the beautiful snowdrop carpet at the gardens situated near to Little Easton.
In the fourth snowdrop event guests were treated to games while characters from The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, were played out by Stop Stansted Expansion Group (SSE) volunteers.
SSE organises the event every year to not only be a fun a day out for the family but to remind people of the threat of a second runway at Stansted.
You may also want to watch:
Maggie Sutton, SSE community representative said: "Narnia really was a fitting theme for this year's event as CS Lewis so often contrasts the beauty of nature with a sense of threat and foreboding in his books.
"He uses the return of the snowdrops and other spring flowers to symbolise the hope of better times to come."
- 1 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 2 Care at home: what is it, and how can it help?
- 3 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
- 4 Stansted author to release second novel
- 5 Take away Covid self tests from Thaxted library
- 6 More work needed ahead of holiday easing, Stansted says
- 7 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge
- 8 Things to do on the May Bank Holiday weekend: Essex gardens are open
- 9 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 10 Stop Stansted Expansion campaign group to rebrand
The Grade II listed gardens have been operating under the threat of a Stansted expansion for six years. An announcement on the planning application for a second runway is due in March.