Garden event roaring success
THE GARDENS of Easton Lodge held its annual Snowdrop Spectacular on Sunday and this year took inspiration from the Chronicles of Narnia. People turned up to witness the magic of the beautiful snowdrop carpet at the gardens situated near to Little Easton.
THE GARDENS of Easton Lodge held its annual Snowdrop Spectacular on Sunday and this year took inspiration from the Chronicles of Narnia.
People turned up to witness the magic of the beautiful snowdrop carpet at the gardens situated near to Little Easton.
In the fourth snowdrop event guests were treated to games while characters from The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, were played out by Stop Stansted Expansion Group (SSE) volunteers.
SSE organises the event every year to not only be a fun a day out for the family but to remind people of the threat of a second runway at Stansted.
Maggie Sutton, SSE community representative said: "Narnia really was a fitting theme for this year's event as CS Lewis so often contrasts the beauty of nature with a sense of threat and foreboding in his books.
"He uses the return of the snowdrops and other spring flowers to symbolise the hope of better times to come."
- 1 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 2 New speed check groups to start: Rayne duo share experiences
- 3 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 4 New Mayors and deputies in Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow
- 5 The Silver Wolf, highest Scouting honour, for Neville Wilson
- 6 Great Dunmow and High Easter take centre stage as Women's Tour of Britain hits town
- 7 243 Takeley homes granted outline approval despite concerns
- 8 A giant snail, sporting success and other school news
- 9 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 10 110 homes near Stansted Airport: design and details approved
The Grade II listed gardens have been operating under the threat of a Stansted expansion for six years. An announcement on the planning application for a second runway is due in March.