GALLERY: Youngsters get to enjoy the seaside... not too far from home
- Credit: Archant
Youngsters got to experience all the fun of the seaside but without the long drive – and the sandy sandwiches!
Little Goslings Children’s Centre, in North Street, put on a beach-themed free event on Tuesday.
Children and babies, aged up to five, were encouraged to come dressed as pirates and mermaids or in their summer clothes for the day.
While at the session they got to enjoy a treasure hunt, face painting, arts and crafts, music and singing, messy play and other activities.
Lesley Murdoch, community engagement and volunteer coordinator for Spurgeons, said: “We all had a really great day and would like to encourage more families to come along and join in the fun over the summer.
You may also want to watch:
“Little Goslings is open every Monday and Tuesday from 9am to 5pm throughout the holidays and we will have a range of activities throughout the summer to keep the little ones happy and entertained.”
For more information about Little Goslings Children’s Centre go to essexcentre.info/littlegoslings.
- 1 Broomfield staff facing a 'battlefield scenario' in Covid fight
- 2 Beavers help with Finchingfield's 'worst flood in 20 years'
- 3 Essex County Council approves council tax increase
- 4 Try this at home: Chef Webb from MasterChef's latest recipe
- 5 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 6 Hot lunches to support more vulnerable in community
- 7 Council row over near £1 million underspend on road repairs
- 8 Swan Inn customers support the foodbank
- 9 Green infrastructure plan and carbon reduction activities for Essex
- 10 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council