Gallery: Show deemed a blooming success
FELSTED Garden Club ushered in spring slightly early on Saturday with their spring show. Daffodils were in bloom and vegetables were plenty as the show judges crowed winners in the various categories. Pauline Turner won the coveted club trophy for her eff
FELSTED Garden Club ushered in spring slightly early on Saturday with their spring show.
Daffodils were in bloom and vegetables were plenty as the show judges crowed winners in the various categories.
Pauline Turner won the coveted club trophy for her efforts in the daffodil section for growing some large beautiful yellow flowers, which really lit up the show.
Kitchen produce such as cakes and bread also took centre stage as they were judged in a separate room of the Felsted War Memorial Hall alongside submitted photographs and arts and crafts.
You may also want to watch:
Show chairman Phil Knowles said: "The show this year was great. The judges faced a really difficult task in selecting the winners but it was great to see so many entries even though the weather over the last 12 months has been detrimental to gardening."
One other highlight of the show was Ken Turners' huge cauliflowers placed right in the middle of the vegetable collection, which completely dwarfed anything else.
- 1 Uttlesford faces 'house building assault', says leader
- 2 Garden restoration project joy after public appeal help
- 3 Gold filling 'worth about £50' found in Tesco granola squares pack
- 4 Incredible undefeated season at first time of asking for Dunmow Rovers U7 Tigers
- 5 In pictures: Post box knitting celebrates Tokyo 2020 Olympics and Tom Daley
- 6 Shooting star: Coward-Holley's road to Tokyo 2020
- 7 EA Festival debut: New festival quenches region's 'thirst for culture'
- 8 Beth Shriever talks Tokyo: 'I'm proof that you can make it'
- 9 Ipswich man to face trial for Braintree car theft and Cheshunt rail incident
- 10 Former Felsted schoolboy who broke back twice wins Tokyo bronze
The youngest winner on the day was little Ella Forder, six, who won the Timms Trophy for a delicately decorated Easter egg.