Gallery: Primary School fun day raises over �3500
A PRIMARY school fun day has raised in excess of �3500 towards an ongoing library extension project. St Mary s Primary School in Dunmow opened its doors to the public and was swamped with guests on the day. PTA chairman Kath Gibson said: There were lots
A PRIMARY school fun day has raised in excess of �3500 towards an ongoing library extension project.
St Mary's Primary School in Dunmow opened its doors to the public and was swamped with guests on the day.
PTA chairman Kath Gibson said: "There were lots of people around on the day and it is a fantastic amount of money. We were delighted that the weather held up, that made it really good for everybody."
The star attractions on the day were the tug-of-war, beat the goalie and the bouncy castles as people enjoyed the afternoon sun and raised cash for the school.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Gibson added: "The money will go towards our library extension fund, which included the building and renovation of extra space, and the provision of extra resources and books. I would like to say well done to everyone involved".
- 1 Secretary of state to consider overturning Finchingfield houses approval
- 2 Villages around Great Dunmow covered in frost and snow
- 3 Covid-19 fast-testing centre opens in Uttlesford for asymptomatic residents
- 4 Distraction theft in Dunmow leaves woman without handbag
- 5 Church received £31,000 grant for restoration purposes
- 6 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 7 Red engraved gem from iron ring is older than was previously thought
- 8 Police appeal after clothing theft from donation container
- 9 Beavers help with Finchingfield's 'worst flood in 20 years'
- 10 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council