Gallery: Olympic hero Sally Gunnell helps out with Dunmow’s tumbling tots
ONE of the stars of British athletics sprinted into Great Dunmow this week to show her support for healthy living amongst the younger generation. Olympic gold-medallist Sally Gunnell made a guest appearance at the Tumble Tots exercise and playgroup based
ONE of the stars of British athletics sprinted into Great Dunmow this week to show her support for healthy living amongst the younger generation.
Olympic gold-medallist Sally Gunnell made a guest appearance at the Tumble Tots exercise and playgroup based at Foakes Hall on Monday morning and lent a helping hand during the toddler's frantic and fun gym class.
Speaking to The Broadcast, she revealed that she has great affection for the classes and thinks they provide the perfect platform for sports stars of the future.
"I have three young children of my own," she said. "They are aged 11, nine and five and they all went to Tumble Tots groups. As a mother I think it provides them with a very healthy grounding in fitness and fun - leading them into the early stages of learning about sport and how to enjoy taking part.
"Some of the problems in British sport are linked to the fact that children don't seem to enjoy sport or PE in schools anymore - I think the experiences at groups like Tumble Tots can help to battle against that."
Tumble Tots classes are organised for age groups ranging from 6months to seven-years-old and take place every Monday morning from 9.30am.
- 1 A giant snail, sporting success and other school news
- 2 New Mayors and deputies in Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow
- 3 Voting together: Lib Dems and Greens join forces
- 4 Man dies at the scene of A120 'incident'
- 5 Silent auction, live music, collection: Ukraine support
- 6 How the proposed energy price cap changes could affect your bills
- 7 Jailed: 'Selfish' 135mph driver spotted speeding on M11 near Woodford
- 8 243 Takeley homes granted outline approval despite concerns
- 9 How to celebrate the Queen's Platinum Jubilee in Essex
- 10 Hannah Mortier returns to boxing to raise awareness of the fight against domestic violence
For more details on joining the Tumble Tots contact group leader Lynn Martin on 01371 853059 or visit www.tumbletots.com.