Gallery: Olympic hero Sally Gunnell helps out with Dunmow’s tumbling tots
ONE of the stars of British athletics sprinted into Great Dunmow this week to show her support for healthy living amongst the younger generation. Olympic gold-medallist Sally Gunnell made a guest appearance at the Tumble Tots exercise and playgroup based
ONE of the stars of British athletics sprinted into Great Dunmow this week to show her support for healthy living amongst the younger generation.
Olympic gold-medallist Sally Gunnell made a guest appearance at the Tumble Tots exercise and playgroup based at Foakes Hall on Monday morning and lent a helping hand during the toddler's frantic and fun gym class.
Speaking to The Broadcast, she revealed that she has great affection for the classes and thinks they provide the perfect platform for sports stars of the future.
"I have three young children of my own," she said. "They are aged 11, nine and five and they all went to Tumble Tots groups. As a mother I think it provides them with a very healthy grounding in fitness and fun - leading them into the early stages of learning about sport and how to enjoy taking part.
You may also want to watch:
"Some of the problems in British sport are linked to the fact that children don't seem to enjoy sport or PE in schools anymore - I think the experiences at groups like Tumble Tots can help to battle against that."
Tumble Tots classes are organised for age groups ranging from 6months to seven-years-old and take place every Monday morning from 9.30am.
- 1 Garden restoration project joy after public appeal help
- 2 Ipswich man charged in connection with Cheshunt rail incident
- 3 Gold filling 'worth about £50' found in Tesco granola squares pack
- 4 Uttlesford residents help council map 'vital' green spaces
- 5 Ipswich man to face trial for Braintree car theft and Cheshunt rail incident
- 6 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 7 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 8 £7.5 million cash package sought for new A120 business park
- 9 Dog whose owner moved away without her is featured on TV
- 10 Former Felsted schoolboy who broke back twice wins Tokyo bronze
For more details on joining the Tumble Tots contact group leader Lynn Martin on 01371 853059 or visit www.tumbletots.com.