Gallery: Olympic hero Sally Gunnell helps out with Dunmow’s tumbling tots
ONE of the stars of British athletics sprinted into Great Dunmow this week to show her support for healthy living amongst the younger generation. Olympic gold-medallist Sally Gunnell made a guest appearance at the Tumble Tots exercise and playgroup based
ONE of the stars of British athletics sprinted into Great Dunmow this week to show her support for healthy living amongst the younger generation.
Olympic gold-medallist Sally Gunnell made a guest appearance at the Tumble Tots exercise and playgroup based at Foakes Hall on Monday morning and lent a helping hand during the toddler's frantic and fun gym class.
Speaking to The Broadcast, she revealed that she has great affection for the classes and thinks they provide the perfect platform for sports stars of the future.
"I have three young children of my own," she said. "They are aged 11, nine and five and they all went to Tumble Tots groups. As a mother I think it provides them with a very healthy grounding in fitness and fun - leading them into the early stages of learning about sport and how to enjoy taking part.
You may also want to watch:
"Some of the problems in British sport are linked to the fact that children don't seem to enjoy sport or PE in schools anymore - I think the experiences at groups like Tumble Tots can help to battle against that."
Tumble Tots classes are organised for age groups ranging from 6months to seven-years-old and take place every Monday morning from 9.30am.
- 1 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 2 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 3 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 4 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 5 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 6 New cycle network consultation announced
- 7 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 8 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 9 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 10 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
For more details on joining the Tumble Tots contact group leader Lynn Martin on 01371 853059 or visit www.tumbletots.com.