Gallery: First ever wedding ceremony held at Great Dunmow Maltings
HISTORY was made at the Great Dunmow Maltings on Saturday as it hosted its first-ever wedding ceremony. Esther Rowland, from Great Easton, and Peter Cooke, from St Albans, tied the knot at the historic building – but the organisers revealed the happy coup
HISTORY was made at the Great Dunmow Maltings on Saturday as it hosted its first-ever wedding ceremony.
Esther Rowland, from Great Easton, and Peter Cooke, from St Albans, tied the knot at the historic building - but the organisers revealed the happy couple were not the only with pre-wedding nerves.
Spokesman Mike Thomason said: "This wedding marked a new chapter in the history of the Maltings since its first existence in the 16th century to today in becoming a licensed civil wedding venue.
"The trustees were a little nervous about making the decision to embark on this new use for the building but the reaction of the guests that attended certainly confirmed that the Maltings and the town would benefit - everyone thought it was an amazing and memorable place in which to get married."
He added: "The day was perfect for Esther and Peter who said after the ceremony that they were so thrilled to get married in such a unique and intimate building.
"They were very impressed by the level of individual attention and detail given by Carolyn the wedding coordinator that made the whole experience of arranging the wedding a pleasurable one."
- 1 Town's annual meeting: Dr's Pond, RideLondon, parking issues
- 2 What I Learnt From My Grandmother in photographs and banners
- 3 School activities and sports in pictures
- 4 Pictures: The Great Dunmow Summer Solstice Sundown Festival
- 5 Prime Minister's honour for Dunmow duo
- 6 Hot cyclists reach Paris after 3 days of pedalling
- 7 Delayed Local Plan sparks Uttlesford development fears
- 8 Suspense thriller is author's fourth novel
- 9 Creamfields South 2023 festival dates announced for Hylands Park
- 10 Solar farm application decision is deferred
For details on booking a wedding at the Maltings visit dunmowmaltings.co.uk or call 01371 873381.