Gallery: First ever wedding ceremony held at Great Dunmow Maltings
HISTORY was made at the Great Dunmow Maltings on Saturday as it hosted its first-ever wedding ceremony. Esther Rowland, from Great Easton, and Peter Cooke, from St Albans, tied the knot at the historic building – but the organisers revealed the happy coup
HISTORY was made at the Great Dunmow Maltings on Saturday as it hosted its first-ever wedding ceremony.
Esther Rowland, from Great Easton, and Peter Cooke, from St Albans, tied the knot at the historic building - but the organisers revealed the happy couple were not the only with pre-wedding nerves.
Spokesman Mike Thomason said: "This wedding marked a new chapter in the history of the Maltings since its first existence in the 16th century to today in becoming a licensed civil wedding venue.
"The trustees were a little nervous about making the decision to embark on this new use for the building but the reaction of the guests that attended certainly confirmed that the Maltings and the town would benefit - everyone thought it was an amazing and memorable place in which to get married."
He added: "The day was perfect for Esther and Peter who said after the ceremony that they were so thrilled to get married in such a unique and intimate building.
"They were very impressed by the level of individual attention and detail given by Carolyn the wedding coordinator that made the whole experience of arranging the wedding a pleasurable one."
- 1 Suspected crowbar assault leaves Stansted driver with serious injuries
- 2 Great Dunmow man jailed for 14 years
- 3 Data reveals distracted drivers repeatedly caught in Essex
- 4 Assault in Dunmow's Tesco car park
- 5 Solar farm planning application near Thaxted
- 6 Memories are made of this for Bob as Barnston and High Roding meet at last
- 7 Essex: More Electric Vehicles needed to meet goals
- 8 Plans for 18 houses in Countryside Protection Zone near Stansted Airport
- 9 Court imposes five year ban on shoplifter
- 10 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
For details on booking a wedding at the Maltings visit dunmowmaltings.co.uk or call 01371 873381.