Gallery: Dunmow's Majorettes to jet off to France
C EST BON! Dunmow s Majorettes are off to France this year as part of the town s 20th anniversary of being twinned with Dourdan. After a warm-up in Braintree Town Centre on Saturday afternoon, the cheerleading dancers accepted a cheque for �500 towards th
C'EST BON! Dunmow's Majorettes are off to France this year as part of the town's 20th anniversary of being twinned with Dourdan.
After a warm-up in Braintree Town Centre on Saturday afternoon, the cheerleading dancers accepted a cheque for �500 towards their travel costs from the Dunmow Round Table.
Proud leader and parent, Jason Bossert, said: "This was the girls' first performance of the year and it went really well.
"They cannot wait to get over to France and show what they can do - the trip has been two to three years in the making. It will be a great life experience for all of the girls taking part."
You may also want to watch:
The majorettes, who represent Great Dunmow around the country, and now in Europe, will be leaving on March 19 for three days.
For more on the 20th anniversary twinning celebrations turn to page five.
- 1 'That's more like it' roars Takeley's John Hedges after comfortable win in pro fight number two
- 2 Residents urged to have their say in housing consultation
- 3 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 4 No 11th hour reprieve for Finchingfield homes plan
- 5 Two charged in connection with Dunmow burglary
- 6 Doorbell crimes in Thaxted see one ‘ripped off’ before suspect flees
- 7 Great Easton pub sells at auction
- 8 Rise in dog thefts during lockdown, says charity
- 9 Take a look at Great Dunmow's very own secret garden
- 10 New Dunmow school approved but safety fears aired