FYFIELD: Elderly woman fighting for life after collision
AN ELDERLY woman is fighting for her life following a head on car crash in Fyfield.
Police are appealing for witnesses to the crash on Dunmow Road shortly after 11am today (Dec 2) which involved a blue Vauxhall Agila and a grey Nissan Qashqai.
The Vauxhall driver, a 73-year-old woman from Sudbury in Suffolk, was airlifted to the Royal London Hospital after sustaining injuries. She is currently in a critical, life-threatening condition.
The Nissan driver, a woman from Ongar, was conveyed to Harlow’s Princess Alexandra Hospital by land ambulance where she was treated for minor injuries and later discharged.
A section of the road was closed for approximately four hours while while emergency services dealt with the incident scene.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information in connection with this crash is urged to contact investigating officers at Chigwell Road Policing Unit on 0300 333 4444.
- 1 New Hylands Estate parking charges explained
- 2 School receives copies of Grandad's Lost His Glasses
- 3 Katie Price's alleged attacker re-bailed into November, police confirm
- 4 One arrest after harassment complaints in Halstead
- 5 Scouts jamboree fun covers radio skills to Morse Code
- 6 Covid booster vaccinations scheme is rolling out at pace
- 7 Fond farewell to Sweetland's butchers after 69 years in the trade
- 8 Revealed: why some Uttlesford car park machines no longer take cash
- 9 Wethersfield to house nearly 3,500 prisoners in government plan
- 10 Creamfields Chelmsford 2022 tickets to go on sale this month