FYFIELD: Elderly woman fighting for life after collision
AN ELDERLY woman is fighting for her life following a head on car crash in Fyfield.
Police are appealing for witnesses to the crash on Dunmow Road shortly after 11am today (Dec 2) which involved a blue Vauxhall Agila and a grey Nissan Qashqai.
The Vauxhall driver, a 73-year-old woman from Sudbury in Suffolk, was airlifted to the Royal London Hospital after sustaining injuries. She is currently in a critical, life-threatening condition.
The Nissan driver, a woman from Ongar, was conveyed to Harlow’s Princess Alexandra Hospital by land ambulance where she was treated for minor injuries and later discharged.
A section of the road was closed for approximately four hours while while emergency services dealt with the incident scene.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information in connection with this crash is urged to contact investigating officers at Chigwell Road Policing Unit on 0300 333 4444.
- 1 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 2 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 3 New cycle network consultation announced
- 4 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 5 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 6 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 7 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 8 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 9 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 10 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down