FYFIELD: Elderly woman fighting for life after collision
AN ELDERLY woman is fighting for her life following a head on car crash in Fyfield.
Police are appealing for witnesses to the crash on Dunmow Road shortly after 11am today (Dec 2) which involved a blue Vauxhall Agila and a grey Nissan Qashqai.
The Vauxhall driver, a 73-year-old woman from Sudbury in Suffolk, was airlifted to the Royal London Hospital after sustaining injuries. She is currently in a critical, life-threatening condition.
The Nissan driver, a woman from Ongar, was conveyed to Harlow’s Princess Alexandra Hospital by land ambulance where she was treated for minor injuries and later discharged.
A section of the road was closed for approximately four hours while while emergency services dealt with the incident scene.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information in connection with this crash is urged to contact investigating officers at Chigwell Road Policing Unit on 0300 333 4444.
- 1 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 2 Hospice at home service in seventh year but Covid impact 'challenging'
- 3 Council row over near £1 million underspend on road repairs
- 4 Beavers help with Finchingfield's 'worst flood in 20 years'
- 5 Broomfield staff facing a 'battlefield scenario' in Covid fight
- 6 New Local Plan: 'Housing and transport should be planned together'
- 7 Man jailed for at least 18 years after murdering partner out of jealousy
- 8 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 9 Archaeologists find remains of Iron Age village
- 10 Seventh flood in Great Bardfield breaks pavement