Fundraising trio hoping to pile on the pounds for marathon bid
- Credit: Archant
A fundraising trio from Dunmow are hosting a masquerade ball in the town next month ahead of a half-marathon attempt.
Dale Fuller, 34, Billy Mahoney, 31, and Marc Bowles, 32, will be running the Cambridge Half Marathon in aid of Cancer Research UK on March 4.
Before they don their running shoes, however, the trio will be hoping to add a few pounds to their fundraising total by hosting a Valentine’s masquerade ball with a three-course meal, dancing and charity raffle.
The event will take place at the Green Man Pub, in Mill End Green, Dunmow, on Saturday, February 10.
Mr Fuller said: “Like Cancer Research UK, we too believe there is hope for a cure and want to raise as much as possible for this charity as we stand up and fight against cancer.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Bowles added: “I think we all know someone or know of someone who has suffered with cancer at some point, the more money we can donate to Cancer Research UK, the more funds they will have to carry out much needed research to beat cancer sooner.”
A friend of the fundraising trio, Ashley Langran, has offered to be the official event photographer for the masquerade ball. You can find out more about him on Facebook at www.facebook.com/alangranphotography.
- 1 Lionel the Giant Perch is 'the perfect addition'
- 2 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 3 Takeley virtual consultation opens
- 4 Dunmow tributes to Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
- 5 Lockdown easing: 'Shop abuse will not be tolerated'
- 6 Ram-raid gang member absconds from Suffolk jail
- 7 They're record breakers! Self-test attracts worldwide support
- 8 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 9 Online Young Musician competition launched by Dunmow Rotarians
- 10 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
Doors to the event open at 7pm. Tickets are now on sale, priced at £40 per person and can be purchased from the official Event Brite page at: www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/valentines-masquerade-ball-in-aid-of-cancer-research-uk-tickets-40902638894.
If you would like to donate a raffle prize, contact Charlotte Fuller via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.