Fundraising trio hoping to pile on the pounds for marathon bid
- Credit: Archant
A fundraising trio from Dunmow are hosting a masquerade ball in the town next month ahead of a half-marathon attempt.
Dale Fuller, 34, Billy Mahoney, 31, and Marc Bowles, 32, will be running the Cambridge Half Marathon in aid of Cancer Research UK on March 4.
Before they don their running shoes, however, the trio will be hoping to add a few pounds to their fundraising total by hosting a Valentine’s masquerade ball with a three-course meal, dancing and charity raffle.
The event will take place at the Green Man Pub, in Mill End Green, Dunmow, on Saturday, February 10.
Mr Fuller said: “Like Cancer Research UK, we too believe there is hope for a cure and want to raise as much as possible for this charity as we stand up and fight against cancer.”
Mr Bowles added: “I think we all know someone or know of someone who has suffered with cancer at some point, the more money we can donate to Cancer Research UK, the more funds they will have to carry out much needed research to beat cancer sooner.”
A friend of the fundraising trio, Ashley Langran, has offered to be the official event photographer for the masquerade ball. You can find out more about him on Facebook at www.facebook.com/alangranphotography.
- 1 Festive season begins at Great Dunmow's Christmas Market
- 2 30 new homes proposed for Hatfield Broad Oak
- 3 Thaxted community in shock after fatal house fire
- 4 Katie Price alleged assault: Suspect 'released under investigation'
- 5 Calvin Harris, David Guetta and Fatboy Slim announced for Creamfields South Chelmsford 2022 line-up
- 6 All under 40s to be offered Covid booster jab
- 7 Christmas festivities kick off in Great Dunmow
- 8 Villagers rally behind Elsenham Christmas Market
- 9 Man in hospital after Chelmsford Road collision
- 10 Stansted Airport calls for residents' views on solar transformation plan
Doors to the event open at 7pm. Tickets are now on sale, priced at £40 per person and can be purchased from the official Event Brite page at: www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/valentines-masquerade-ball-in-aid-of-cancer-research-uk-tickets-40902638894.
If you would like to donate a raffle prize, contact Charlotte Fuller via e-mail at email@example.com.