Fun for all the family at Great Bardfield run
- Credit: Archant
Buggies, boys, girls, mums, dads and dogs all crossed the finish line at Great Bardfield Family Fun Run on Sunday, July 12.
The run raised money for the After School and Breakfast Club (BASC), a group which provides essential out of school care for working families in Great Bardfield.
Participants enjoyed live music and a bouncy castle and barbecue at The Bell Public House after completing the three mile course.
Keith Potter, who helped organise the event, said: “About thirty people ran it. The weather held out and it was great fun for all.”
The run raised £172, with Angie and Liam Clarke at The Bell donating the proceeds of the barbecue and The Hoxton Hoboes laying on the music for free.
You may also want to watch:
Prizes were handed out to the first man and woman to cross the finish line, Ian Debnam and Maddie Burt, the first boy and girl under 12, Lucca Manning and Skye King, as well as the first dog, Paddy.
- 1 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 2 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 3 New mayor and deputy mayor appointed for town council
- 4 Contractor appointed for new enterprise centre
- 5 High Easter claim Division Two title with win over Great Bradfords
- 6 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 7 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 8 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal
- 9 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 10 Dunmow councillors to devise climate action plan