Full house at day centre bingo event
THE Dunmow Day Centre had a full house when it hosted an afternoon of bingo on Wednesday last week. More than 60 people attended the event, which was free to elderly people in the Dunmow area and was organised by Dunmow and District Community Fund Grey Ma
THE Dunmow Day Centre had a full house when it hosted an afternoon of bingo on Wednesday last week.
More than 60 people attended the event, which was free to elderly people in the Dunmow area and was organised by Dunmow and District Community Fund Grey Matters.
Denise Bedding, activities co-ordinator at Grey Matters, said: "This was the first time the bingo afternoon has been open for everyone in the town and it was a great success."
There was a prize for the winner of each of the six games, including a meal for two at the Boar's Head, and shopping vouchers for the Co-op and Tesco.
You may also want to watch:
Mike Smith was the caller for the day and Anna Davanzo, 16, Joanna Williams, 16, and Tanya Bedding, 15, volunteered to help things run smoothly and make sure everyone had a great time.
- 1 New cycle network consultation announced
- 2 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 3 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 4 Dunmow Cricket Club at 125 years and launch of Project Pavilion
- 5 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 6 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 7 Things to do in May: Open Day for Gardens of Easton Lodge
- 8 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 9 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 10 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert