Full-blooded fans help Harry Potter break movie sales records
THE LATEST Harry Potter film release has smashed records on the first day of sales. Casting its spell over children and adults, the DVD and Blue-ray release has broken the record for the amount of sales on its first day, Monday December 7. Over 840,000 un
THE LATEST Harry Potter film release has smashed records on the first day of sales.
Casting its spell over children and adults, the DVD and Blue-ray release has broken the record for the amount of sales on its first day, Monday December 7.
Over 840,000 units were sold, 53,000 of which were Blu-ray, and in addition the blockbuster has become the number one film download on iTunes.
Managing director of Warner Home Video UK, John Stanley, said: "We are delighted by the extraordinary first day sales performance of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.
"By making the movie available on the same day across DVD, Blu-ray, and the internet, we are satisfying the needs of today's consumers and ensuring they see what they want, how, where and when they want it."
- 1 Town's annual meeting: Dr's Pond, RideLondon, parking issues
- 2 What I Learnt From My Grandmother in photographs and banners
- 3 School activities and sports in pictures
- 4 Pictures: The Great Dunmow Summer Solstice Sundown Festival
- 5 Hot cyclists reach Paris after 3 days of pedalling
- 6 Prime Minister's honour for Dunmow duo
- 7 Suspense thriller is author's fourth novel
- 8 Delayed Local Plan sparks Uttlesford development fears
- 9 Creamfields South 2023 festival dates announced for Hylands Park
- 10 Solar farm application decision is deferred
Supporting the DVD and Blu-ray releases, special personal appearances from cast members of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince took place at HMV in Oxford Street where they signed copies of the Blu-ray edition of the film and were greeted by huge crowds.
In the film, evil character Voldemort tightens his grip on the Hogwarts School as Harry and Dumbledore work to find the key to unlock the Dark Lord's defences.
But the students are under attack from a very different adversary, in the shape of teenage hormones.
Love is in the air, but tragedy lies ahead and Hogwarts may never be the same again.
DID you go along to the launch? Or have you struggled to get a copy? We want to hear from you. Call us on 01799 512880 or e-mail us on email@example.com.