Fright night at Hatfield Forest
VISITORS to Hatfield Forest on Saturday night were in for a spook-tacular time as the Grim Reaper, witches and Dracula gathered to celebrate Halloween. Co-ordinator Fiona Harrower, said: It was a fantastic success. We had more than 500 people and everyon
VISITORS to Hatfield Forest on Saturday night were in for a spook-tacular time as the Grim Reaper, witches and Dracula gathered to celebrate Halloween.
Co-ordinator Fiona Harrower, said: "It was a fantastic success. We had more than 500 people and everyone came dressed up for the occasion.
"There was an awful lot of screaming going on but I'm pleased to say that there were no tears, just lots of smiling faces."
Fun and games were laid on including bobbing for apples and mystery buckets filled with what people were told were worms and eyeballs (but were really spaghetti, baked beans and plum tomatoes).
You may also want to watch:
In the woods, visitors followed a lit path through the pitch dark woods that led to grizzly scenes that were put on by medieval re-enactment group, Drudion including a coven of witches around a cauldron, Dracula in his coffin, sword fighting and people locked in stocks.
To put the final spine-tingling touches to the terrifying trail, members of the Hatfield Broad Oak Players ran through the woods screaming.
- 1 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 2 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 3 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 4 High Easter claim Division Two title with win over Great Bradfords
- 5 New mayor and deputy mayor appointed for town council
- 6 Concerns that Covid lockdowns has caused fitness levels to drop
- 7 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 8 Contractor appointed for new enterprise centre
- 9 Stick to the paths while bluebells bloom, says Essex Wildlife Trust
- 10 Dunmow Cricket Club announces new sponsor