Fright night at Hatfield Forest
VISITORS to Hatfield Forest on Saturday night were in for a spook-tacular time as the Grim Reaper, witches and Dracula gathered to celebrate Halloween. Co-ordinator Fiona Harrower, said: It was a fantastic success. We had more than 500 people and everyon
VISITORS to Hatfield Forest on Saturday night were in for a spook-tacular time as the Grim Reaper, witches and Dracula gathered to celebrate Halloween.
Co-ordinator Fiona Harrower, said: "It was a fantastic success. We had more than 500 people and everyone came dressed up for the occasion.
"There was an awful lot of screaming going on but I'm pleased to say that there were no tears, just lots of smiling faces."
Fun and games were laid on including bobbing for apples and mystery buckets filled with what people were told were worms and eyeballs (but were really spaghetti, baked beans and plum tomatoes).
You may also want to watch:
In the woods, visitors followed a lit path through the pitch dark woods that led to grizzly scenes that were put on by medieval re-enactment group, Drudion including a coven of witches around a cauldron, Dracula in his coffin, sword fighting and people locked in stocks.
To put the final spine-tingling touches to the terrifying trail, members of the Hatfield Broad Oak Players ran through the woods screaming.
- 1 Pets Corner: It's time to get your dog back to training class
- 2 Chelmsford beer festival cancelled for 2021 by Covid concerns
- 3 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
- 4 Braintree council installs further electric vehicle charging points
- 5 Revealed: almost 300 possible new development sites are submitted
- 6 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 7 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 8 Dunmow mayor sets out summer programme set to unite community
- 9 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 10 Residents hand water to stranded drivers after fatal M11 crash