Fresh homes bid to turn Dunmow auction rooms into homes
DEVELOPERS have once again applied to bulldoze the old Dunmow auction rooms on Chequers Lane to make way for houses and flats. Supported by a 28-page document outlining the need for such development, the plans include permission for access, parking spaces
DEVELOPERS have once again applied to bulldoze the old Dunmow auction rooms on Chequers Lane to make way for houses and flats.
Supported by a 28-page document outlining the need for such development, the plans include permission for access, parking spaces, rubbish disposal and 10 houses and two flats.
It comes hot on the heels of a previous application that was turned down at the beginning of the year because councillors described it as "over-development" and "not in-keeping with the town's historical centre". Doubts over space for bins and parking spaces were also raised.
However, following a re-design, trustees who own the site are hopeful that the currently derelict land will be turned into town centre housing.
A spokesman for the trustees added that the scheme would make efficient use of land and be of an appropriate scale and design to respect the appearance of the area.
A final decision is due by the end of August this year.
- 1 New speed check groups to start: Rayne duo share experiences
- 2 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 3 Outdoor theatre shows for all the family set for the National Trust's Hatfield Forest this summer
- 4 Wins for High Roding, Aythorpe Roding and Dunmow cricketers
- 5 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 6 High Roding continue excellent start, as Aythorpe, Dunmow suffer defeats
- 7 Dunmow Rovers Tigers Under 10s celebrate 'fantastic result'
- 8 Great Dunmow and High Easter take centre stage as Women's Tour of Britain hits town
- 9 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 10 Great Dunmow's Soapbox Race's thrills and spills in pictures
WHAT do you think? E-mail us at email@example.com or write to us at 54 High Street, Saffron Walden, Essex, CB10 1EE.