Fresh homes bid to turn Dunmow auction rooms into homes
DEVELOPERS have once again applied to bulldoze the old Dunmow auction rooms on Chequers Lane to make way for houses and flats. Supported by a 28-page document outlining the need for such development, the plans include permission for access, parking spaces
DEVELOPERS have once again applied to bulldoze the old Dunmow auction rooms on Chequers Lane to make way for houses and flats.
Supported by a 28-page document outlining the need for such development, the plans include permission for access, parking spaces, rubbish disposal and 10 houses and two flats.
It comes hot on the heels of a previous application that was turned down at the beginning of the year because councillors described it as "over-development" and "not in-keeping with the town's historical centre". Doubts over space for bins and parking spaces were also raised.
However, following a re-design, trustees who own the site are hopeful that the currently derelict land will be turned into town centre housing.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the trustees added that the scheme would make efficient use of land and be of an appropriate scale and design to respect the appearance of the area.
A final decision is due by the end of August this year.
- 1 Pets Corner: It's time to get your dog back to training class
- 2 Revealed: almost 300 possible new development sites are submitted
- 3 Chelmsford beer festival cancelled for 2021 by Covid concerns
- 4 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 6 4 English Heritage events to enjoy at Audley End this summer
- 7 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 8 Dunmow mayor sets out summer programme set to unite community
- 9 Residents hand water to stranded drivers after fatal M11 crash
- 10 Stebbing on the verge of becoming 'small town', residents fear
WHAT do you think? E-mail us at email@example.com or write to us at 54 High Street, Saffron Walden, Essex, CB10 1EE.