Fresh homes bid to turn Dunmow auction rooms into homes
DEVELOPERS have once again applied to bulldoze the old Dunmow auction rooms on Chequers Lane to make way for houses and flats. Supported by a 28-page document outlining the need for such development, the plans include permission for access, parking spaces
DEVELOPERS have once again applied to bulldoze the old Dunmow auction rooms on Chequers Lane to make way for houses and flats.
Supported by a 28-page document outlining the need for such development, the plans include permission for access, parking spaces, rubbish disposal and 10 houses and two flats.
It comes hot on the heels of a previous application that was turned down at the beginning of the year because councillors described it as "over-development" and "not in-keeping with the town's historical centre". Doubts over space for bins and parking spaces were also raised.
However, following a re-design, trustees who own the site are hopeful that the currently derelict land will be turned into town centre housing.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the trustees added that the scheme would make efficient use of land and be of an appropriate scale and design to respect the appearance of the area.
A final decision is due by the end of August this year.
- 1 Court sentence for Dunmow knife attacker, guilty of attempted murder
- 2 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 3 Council agrees to 'complicated' parking charges at Hylands Park
- 4 An afternoon at the Proms for Mountfitchet House residents
- 5 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 6 Book exchange opens in Dunmow
- 7 Creamfields Chelmsford 2022 tickets to go on sale this month
- 8 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 9 Tributes paid to PC Tris Baker who died in Roxwell collision
- 10 Rural ramblers efforts for Helen Rollason Cancer Charity
WHAT do you think? E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at 54 High Street, Saffron Walden, Essex, CB10 1EE.