French for beginners
IT WAS tres bien les enfants for 11 pupils from Dunmow as they were awarded certificates for completing a French programme last Saturday. All of the five-year-old children had been studying La Jolie Ronde French for a year as an after school activity and
IT WAS tres bien les enfants for 11 pupils from Dunmow as they were awarded certificates for completing a French programme last Saturday.
All of the five-year-old children had been studying La Jolie Ronde French for a year as an after school activity and received their certificates from teacher Elisabeth Anderson at a ceremony held at the Dunmow Youth Centre in North Street.
Mrs Anderson teaches La Jolie Ronde French to
children from the age of four to 11 at a number of venues across the Broadcast area, including Wethersfield Primary School, Finchingfield Primary School, Stebbing Primary School, Patricia Pilgrim Nursery in Stebbing and at Grange Farm Fitness Centre in Little Dunmow.
You may also want to watch:
"Learning French comes easy to young children," said Mrs Anderson. "They have a keen ear and are very receptive. At this young age, the strategies and language learning skills, which they use for developing their own language, are very active.
"It is the ideal time to familiarise them with sounds and patterns of a new language.
- 1 New cycle network consultation announced
- 2 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 3 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 4 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 5 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 6 Dunmow Cricket Club at 125 years and launch of Project Pavilion
- 7 Things to do in May: Open Day for Gardens of Easton Lodge
- 8 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 9 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 10 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?