Free parking for Christmas shoppers in Essex market town
FREE parking will be available for Great Dunmow shoppers in the run up to Christmas. In a bid to encourage shoppers to the town, a joint partnership voucher scheme has been announced between Uttlesford District Council and the Dunmow Chamber of Trade and
FREE parking will be available for Great Dunmow shoppers in the run up to Christmas.
In a bid to encourage shoppers to the town, a joint partnership voucher scheme has been announced between Uttlesford District Council and the Dunmow Chamber of Trade and Commerce.
Starting next week, a cut-out voucher will be available in the Dunmow Broadcast which will be for free parking in District Council owned car parks anytime after 3pm between Monday November 23 and Saturday November 28.
A council spokesman said: "To support local shops in the run-up to Christmas, Uttlesford District Council will be producing a voucher entitling motorists to free parking in council-run car parks in Great Dunmow and also in Saffron Walden and Stansted Mountfitchet.
You may also want to watch:
"The voucher, which will be distributed in local free newspapers, will entitle the bearer to free parking after 3pm on any one day of their choice, including Saturday, for one week.
"Uttlesford District Council is keen to support local businesses and encourage Christmas shoppers to make use of local shops - hopefully this voucher will help us do that."
- 1 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 2 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 3 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 4 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 5 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 6 New cycle network consultation announced
- 7 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 8 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 9 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 10 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
The car parks that will be free are: White Street, New Street, Chequers Lane, and Angel Lane.
The idea first came from a Dunmow Chamber of Commerce meeting back in June when the group were brainstorming ideas on how to bring more customers into the town.
Since then a number of meetings have been held with UDC officers and the scheme has grown, becoming implemented in the three towns in Uttlesford.
Speaking on the new-found partnership, Dunmow chamber of commerce secretary, Sarah Cassidy, said: "We are looking forward to what we can achieve together, with the aim of bringing much needed business to our High Street."
WHAT do you think? Will you use the voucher scheme? E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 07501 482 135.