Free parking for Christmas shoppers in Essex market town
FREE parking will be available for Great Dunmow shoppers in the run up to Christmas. In a bid to encourage shoppers to the town, a joint partnership voucher scheme has been announced between Uttlesford District Council and the Dunmow Chamber of Trade and
FREE parking will be available for Great Dunmow shoppers in the run up to Christmas.
In a bid to encourage shoppers to the town, a joint partnership voucher scheme has been announced between Uttlesford District Council and the Dunmow Chamber of Trade and Commerce.
Starting next week, a cut-out voucher will be available in the Dunmow Broadcast which will be for free parking in District Council owned car parks anytime after 3pm between Monday November 23 and Saturday November 28.
A council spokesman said: "To support local shops in the run-up to Christmas, Uttlesford District Council will be producing a voucher entitling motorists to free parking in council-run car parks in Great Dunmow and also in Saffron Walden and Stansted Mountfitchet.
You may also want to watch:
"The voucher, which will be distributed in local free newspapers, will entitle the bearer to free parking after 3pm on any one day of their choice, including Saturday, for one week.
"Uttlesford District Council is keen to support local businesses and encourage Christmas shoppers to make use of local shops - hopefully this voucher will help us do that."
- 1 Pedestrian dies following Dunmow collision
- 2 Interest in women and girls cricket rises following anniversary event
- 3 Essex Police issues update on Katie Price's alleged assault
- 4 Dunmow's Macmillan coffee and cake success despite stolen banner
- 5 M11 targeted in week of motorway protests
- 6 Felsted collision: Motorcyclist seriously injured
- 7 Katie Price alleged assault: 32-year-old man re-bailed
- 8 Community trees and bulbs to help tackle climate change
- 9 County councillor: Roads and drains progress being made in the Dunmow area
- 10 Man admits to causing death by dangerous driving after B184 collision
The car parks that will be free are: White Street, New Street, Chequers Lane, and Angel Lane.
The idea first came from a Dunmow Chamber of Commerce meeting back in June when the group were brainstorming ideas on how to bring more customers into the town.
Since then a number of meetings have been held with UDC officers and the scheme has grown, becoming implemented in the three towns in Uttlesford.
Speaking on the new-found partnership, Dunmow chamber of commerce secretary, Sarah Cassidy, said: "We are looking forward to what we can achieve together, with the aim of bringing much needed business to our High Street."
WHAT do you think? Will you use the voucher scheme? E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 07501 482 135.