Four arrested and weapons seized following raid on travellers’ site in Felsted
- Credit: Archant
Four men were arrested earlier today (Thursday) following a raid on a travellers’ site.
Police carried out 11 search warrants at the site in Felsted as a result of community intelligence. A shotgun and air weapons were seized and will be forensically examined as part of the investigation.
A 17-year-old boy from Dunmow and a 38-year-old man from Wickford, were arrested on suspicion of unlawful possession of a firearm. They are currently in custody.
A 68-year-old man from Wickford was arrested on suspicion of theft and burglary. He is also currently in custody.
A 16-year-old boy from Dunmow was arrested on suspicion of burglary and has been released on police bail pending further enquiries until January 30.
Acting District Commander for Uttlesford, Chief Insp Mick Couldridge said: “The raids today were aimed at keeping the whole community safe from the risk of violent crime and theft. When the police are equipped with good information we will act robustly in all areas of the community, without fear or favour.”
He added: “Any one with concerns relating to violent or broader rural crimes is encouraged to provide information to the local policing team or Crimestoppers, and we will take positive, appropriate action.”
- 1 243 Takeley homes granted outline approval despite concerns
- 2 A giant snail, sporting success and live music: school news
- 3 Hannah Mortier returns to boxing to raise awareness of the fight against domestic violence
- 4 Visit Great Yarmouth for a family staycation
- 5 How the proposed energy price cap changes could affect your bills
- 6 Life-saving kit that residents hope they will never use
- 7 Dunmow Velo: New group ride for beginners as RideLondon due
- 8 Dunmow pilots airlift medical aid to help Ukraine
- 9 Stebbing Tractor Run: This is the new route for 2022
- 10 Aythorpe Roding come up short in league opener
Essex Police worked with Uttlesford District Council (UDC) to provide temporarily displaced residents with shelter while the search of the site was completed.