Four arrested and weapons seized following raid on travellers’ site in Felsted
- Credit: Archant
Four men were arrested earlier today (Thursday) following a raid on a travellers’ site.
Police carried out 11 search warrants at the site in Felsted as a result of community intelligence. A shotgun and air weapons were seized and will be forensically examined as part of the investigation.
A 17-year-old boy from Dunmow and a 38-year-old man from Wickford, were arrested on suspicion of unlawful possession of a firearm. They are currently in custody.
A 68-year-old man from Wickford was arrested on suspicion of theft and burglary. He is also currently in custody.
A 16-year-old boy from Dunmow was arrested on suspicion of burglary and has been released on police bail pending further enquiries until January 30.
You may also want to watch:
Acting District Commander for Uttlesford, Chief Insp Mick Couldridge said: “The raids today were aimed at keeping the whole community safe from the risk of violent crime and theft. When the police are equipped with good information we will act robustly in all areas of the community, without fear or favour.”
He added: “Any one with concerns relating to violent or broader rural crimes is encouraged to provide information to the local policing team or Crimestoppers, and we will take positive, appropriate action.”
- 1 The benefits of the great outdoors
- 2 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
- 3 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40
- 4 The Maltings – where would be we without our Friends?
- 5 Stations benefit from funding
- 6 Covid jabs have started at Broomfield Hospital's Vaccination Hub
- 7 Surgeon wins top award for hip research
- 8 MasterChef winner Chef Webb's lockdown recipe
- 9 Archaeologists find remains of Iron Age village
- 10 Widespread flooding leads to busiest day for Essex firefighters
Essex Police worked with Uttlesford District Council (UDC) to provide temporarily displaced residents with shelter while the search of the site was completed.