Former police officer to hold New Year’s party in aid of Help for Heroes
A FORMER policeman is doing his bit for charity by hosting a New Year’s Eve party.
With the help of shops and businesses around the town Andrew Latto, who lives in Little Dunmow, is hoping to raise as much money as possible for Help for Heroes.
“I’ve gained a lot of friends from this job who have sons and daughters out in Afghanistan at the moment,” said Mr Latto.
“I think it is nice to do something for those that come back and need a little bit of help.”
The night at the Flitch of Bacon pub will include music, a buffet and a big raffle where all the prizes have been donated by the 17 traders helping Andrew to welcome 2011 in style.
Mr Latto has also got two limited edition SWAT watches to give away in the lucky dip. There are only 180 of these watches due to the engraved inscription on the back. To be in with a chance of winning the watches phone the Flitch of Bacon on 01371 820 323.
Mr Latto has already passed the �500 target he had hoped to raise but the more money raised for soldiers this Christmas the better.
- 1 Dunmow's Stables Hotel could become flats as business 'no longer viable'
- 2 Thaxted community in shock after fatal house fire
- 3 'Many questions' claim as Uttlesford leader John Lodge announces resignation
- 4 Dunmow TKD enjoy medal-laden trip to British Championships
- 5 Finchingfield's Bethany Shriever crowned Young Sportswoman of the Year
- 6 Great Dunmow restaurant Jalsa Ghar at the British Curry Awards
- 7 More jab capacity planned in North Uttlesford as Omicron variant appears
- 8 30 new homes proposed for Hatfield Broad Oak
- 9 In pictures: Santa's sleigh is in the Dunmow district
- 10 Christmas in Essex: 9 magical places to visit in winter
Tickets for the event cost �12.50, with �2.50 going towards the cause, and are available from the Flitch of Bacon pub.